Del

Two new gen purchases today!

Del

I couldn't resist the Bulova deal at Argos that was posted about yesterday and I decided to spend my Ernest Jones voucher on a lovely little Hamilton for Mrs Del - a much better choice than that Shinola! :lol:

Some quick snaps...

511eb96962c5d36ecf06678d99438d62.jpg

005363cc842cca7027b9ad44e0fd8c5a.jpg

ea28ad432b268738c531eca52899c258.jpg

FunnyStarSystem

Order is restored! Both very nice, Del, enjoy!

Del
24 minutes ago, Inkoumori said:

Order is restored! Both very nice, Del, enjoy!

Thanks! :)

simey83

2 lovelies mate :thumbsup:

NCRich

Very nice!

Del
20 minutes ago, simey83 said:

2 lovelies mate :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Very nice!

Thanks chaps! :)

Paparolf

That should keep the wife happy mate!

Moondustesp

Very very nice :Applause:

Del
1 hour ago, Paparolf said:

That should keep the wife happy mate!

Yes, she was very happy with it. Phew!

1 hour ago, Moondustesp said:

Very very nice :Applause:

Thanks! :)

k3rm87

Great deal on that Bulova, wish they shipped to Aus!

Robin195959

Both crackers Del. 

tonyh7

Bulova is amazing for the money. It has a very nice slim case,  classic military styling, and of course that silky smooth second hand sweep. Even the two piece nato it comes on is good, though a little on the small side if you have bigger wrists. Hammy v nice too. 

MoveAlong

I have the Bulova on leather. It's shockingly good for the price. I like the real life pic of it on the factory nylon strap. Enjoy that sweep!

Piloten

That bully is the bomb. Wristie

Wristie

Wriste

Leslie

Very beautiful. :clap: 

I was to ask what the 262 kHz on the dial means, but I guess no one would answer. So I do my homework.

It is 262 kHz UHF (Ultra High Frequency) quartz movement.  

"Bulova is a company that has set the standard for highly accurate quartz watches that feature, for real, a sweeping seconds hand to satisfy the collector whose only reason to shun quartz is the lack of a smooth moving second hand."

I learn something each day.  Especially on RWG these days since I joined.  Thank you guys!

Genius
2 hours ago, Leslie said:

Very beautiful. :clap: 

I was to ask what the 262 kHz on the dial means, but I guess no one would answer. So I do my homework.

It is 262 kHz UHF (Ultra High Frequency) quartz movement.  

"Bulova is a company that has set the standard for highly accurate quartz watches that feature, for real, a sweeping seconds hand to satisfy the collector whose only reason to shun quartz is the lack of a smooth moving second hand."

I learn something each day.  Especially on RWG these days since I joined.  Thank you guys!

Also known as the precisionist movement,  smoother sweep than any pure mechanical auto movement and something every serious watch collector needs to at least sample 

Chiquita Fanjita

If it wasn't your good ladies birthday and you just decided to buy her a lovely watch such as that Hamilton, nay, use your vouchers that could've got your something nice, you must be after something or have a big purchase coming up and are keeping her sweet :lol: 

Nice pickups mate :thumbsup2: 

Del

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2:

The Bulova deal was ridiculous - I've spent more on a strap! :lol:

2 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

If it wasn't your good ladies birthday and you just decided to buy her a lovely watch such as that Hamilton, nay, use your vouchers that could've got your something nice, you must be after something or have a big purchase coming up and are keeping her sweet :lol:

I've already made fairly recent purchases mate, not including the two latest cheapies of Invicta and Bulova, so it was nice to buy the Hammy for Mrs Del for a wee change. ;)

black263

Bulova is now sold out.  According to the website, over 100 sales in last 48 hours and not available in shop or for home delivery.  Not surprised at that price.

black263
3 hours ago, Genius said:

Also known as the precisionist movement,  smoother sweep than any pure mechanical auto movement and something every serious watch collector needs to at least sample 

Not always.  The Bulova Moonwatch is a262khz , and although the chrono is smooth, the running seconds is a half-second tick.

Griffo

Nice buys! How large is the Bulova? Looks huge, but could just be that the Hamilton is small?

Del
8 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Nice buys! How large is the Bulova? Looks huge, but could just be that the Hamilton is small?

The Bulova is about 42-44mm I think. The Hammy is a ladies watch and is only 26mm.

Cheers! :)

splke
1 hour ago, black263 said:

Bulova is now sold out.  According to the website, over 100 sales in last 48 hours and not available in shop or for home delivery.  Not surprised at that price.

i have a collection code in leeds if anyone would like one i will even pick it up and ship it  at cost :)

black263
1 hour ago, splke said:

i have a collection code in leeds if anyone would like one i will even pick it up and ship it  at cost :)

PM sent.

splke

aaaaannnddddd sold to the man with the rubber goat :lol: