Sign in to follow this  
Redbeard88

Looking for advice on next purchase

RepGuy

I may be thinking of a different model, but I believe people have said these are still a ways off from being gen-like. If I am wrong, or you don't mind this, I would say go for it. I actually really like the look of these, but am jaded and personally would rather get an Offshore model :D

black263

Like most such watches, some of the rep complications are faux.  In this case, the month and year are manually adjusted.    So, it's perpetual, assuming perpetual means 31 days.  Apart from that, it's a pretty watch.  (Don't know about how close to gen it is, and frankly, don't care.  )

Left Coast Guy

A couple of thoughts:

-- Generally, the more complications in a mov't, the more risk of problems. A 28xx or 6497 mov't with no date is basically bulletproof, everything you tack on to it is just something that can break or malfunction. Pretty much the rule for all reps -- complicated = risky

-- A perpetual calendar always sounds like a great idea, but they are PAIN IN THE ASS to set. If you've got a collection of 10 watches and you rotate in and out, you'll get sick of setting the date on this thing after like three wears. 

-- Just from pics on google, this seems pretty far off the gen. The subdials aren't even close to the spacing on the gen. Since its a $50K gen, I'm guessing no one is going to notice....so maybe its nothing to be concerned about, but it seems a far cry from super rep if that's your thing.