Prelude79

Ultimate Rolex in 36mm?

Prelude79

Hey Folks. 

New here, actually I joined to learn & research for an IWC Mark XVI.  I watch the M2M pretty much religiously,  and an IWC Mark XVI hasn't popped up. But tons of super nice Rolex's have...now I'm wanting a Nice Rolex. 

I've gone to a Rolex store to try on Rolexes, and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that a 40mm Rolex is too large for my 6.5" wrist. Also Ive come to the conclusion that I like the Stainless Rolexes the most. I really fell for the Explorer, but it seems that they only have the Reps in 39mm and for some reason that plays really large on my wrists. 

The DD seems out of the question too because they don't make a Stainless Steel DD in 36mm that is real. So I'm now looking at the DJ..If I'm missing anything let me know? Other models?

So my question, in the Reps, which are the better of the 36mm Rolexes in Stainless steel?  

Thanks in advance, and pardon my noobness. 

paccbet

Air Kings, 1016 Explorers...

LightGeek

Welcome to the small wrist club. I'll be posting my watch "box" shortly.

That said, the 40mm DD aren't bad for size, but the 36mm (newly released) are quite good.

The IWC Mark XVI was popular a year or so ago, and will probably come back around soon. I had one on bracelet and it was certainly nice.

IMG_5377.jpg

Diver Dave

If I could make a suggestion? One that will bring you pleasure, save you money now, and give you an appreciating asset for the future? 

Look at immediate postwar Rolex "Bubbleback" watches, which were the first self winding Oyster cased Rolex watches. They are still affordable, come in a wide variety of dials, reliable, classy, and are appreciating. They are not expensive today due to their smaller size, which seems to fit into your needs, 

Go do a good study on Ebay, and let me (us) know what you think. Just search for Rolex Bubbleback. 

Dave