tommylad

Omega Planet Ocean: should I rubber up?

tommylad

So, I'm about to get a BP 42mm Planet Ocean on a bracelet. I used to have one and it was the comfiest, best looking watch I've had on my wrist.

My question is: how good and soft are the rubber straps which are an option? Worth getting for around $100 in addition to the bracelet?

Thommo82

In my opinion you should always have at least 2 strap options for each watch. In the case of the PO I would definitely go for the bracelet and the rubber strap, which I think looks great. 

I have a dirt cheap 'Gate PO Pumpkin and I played around with leather and canvas straps and nothing (IMO) suited it.

So yes, rubber up

tommylad

This was my hunch. Had an old style rubber strap on my old UPO and loved it. Just wondering how good the new ones are...

I like the fact that rubber straps with most reps are well-made.

SuperbMonster

I have 42mm PO and would recommend some rubber. It is super comfy on the bracelet but a rubber strap give it a different look and prefer that for anything sporty.

LightGeek

I would definitely rub her up.

k3rm87

I've got one coming and i'm wondering whether to rubber up or not too.. 

tommylad
47 minutes ago, SuperbMonster said:

I have 42mm PO and would recommend some rubber. It is super comfy on the bracelet but a rubber strap give it a different look and prefer that for anything sporty.

I like that the newer iterations make it fairly straightforward to change the strap/bracelet too.