Beefstockcube

15400 Date Wheels, Movements and Plating

Beefstockcube

Hi everyone,

I have two 15400 frankens, JF bases and gen dials.  One SS Black.  One RG Black.

Both these currently have Miyota movements which I believe leaves me stuck with the horrific stock date wheel.  Is that the case or is there a replacement DW supplier that I haven't been able to find? 

My other option seems to be get two BP 15400 with the ETA movement as that gives me Mikey and Edge options for DW?  

But that would require getting the case, bracelet and hands on one plated with RG which I would be happy to do - would much rather have a genuine plated base and a swiss movement on what's supposed to be a $40k watch.

Then stick the BP dials in the JF cases and sell on as complete watches again.

So I suppose what I'm asking is:

Can anyone supply a DW for the Miyota?  If not can someone give me the details of who to source the DW for the ETA movements? 

Does anyone know of a jewelry plating company that would be able to plate a BP base in Rose Gold - Preferably in Australia?

aflop

1) ETA and Miyota (JF) Dials have different feet placements and possibly date window placements as a result as well.

2) using a ETA base would leave you with a non deco movement so not sure if you'd accept a undecorated movement considering your high end build.

3) Mikey &/or Legend/Edgematic can provide you the DW for 2824 base, afaik no one has a miyota DW yet

Beefstockcube
12 minutes ago, aflop said:

1) ETA and Miyota (JF) Dials have different feet placements and possibly date window placements as a result as well.

2) using a ETA base would leave you with a non deco movement so not sure if you'd accept a undecorated movement considering your high end build.

3) Mikey &/or Legend/Edgematic can provide you the DW for 2824 base, afaik no one has a miyota DW yet

Thanks,  That seems to be what I've found.  I'm finding it's a balance of annoyances.

Simply drilling the back plate and chucking the dials in JF bases has been the easiest way so far but the DW is really starting to aggravate me and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on franken 15400's that I can find.