Undinist

Is there a Daytona rep with a fully functional, reliable chrono?

Paparolf

Who uses the chronograph? so what does it matter.

Monkey_Business
7 minutes ago, Paparolf said:

Who uses the chronograph? so what does it matter.

Who needs a 6,3 litre AMG sporting 600bhp?

Nobody. You can't max it legally (except for the Germans. God damn the Germans and their autobahn), but still we all want it. 

Undinist

I often use a chronograph or a diving bezel as a kitchen timer.  It's really handy.  But day and date are also must-haves  for me. I can never find a watch I like with all the functions I need.  It's ridiculous, there are so many watches in the world but not one fits the bill.  A gold sub with day-date would be my ideal watch.  I was thinking about getting a gen CWC SBS as a  substitute, but it looks a bit meh.  So I might wear a rep  sub and a rep DD40 at the same time.  I already have the DD40 and the sub is incoming. 

wowsasb

You need a Daytona to make eggs? 

Undinist

Scrambled eggs,  no.  But a timer's good for boiling and roasting. I realise that's an alien concept for many Americans...I've been to so many homes where the cooker has never been used. Over here in Yurp many of us still like to cook fresh food. 

Undinist

Mary has alerted me to this Venus 75-powered stunner! I had no idea it existed. 258 bucks for a most elegant cooking timer fits the bill perfectly - I'm a sucker for a fat gold Rollie!  I love the trashy '70s feel to this one....it's what Paul Newman's character in Slap Shot would have teamed with his elegant leather suit.  I'm afraid it's going to mean defecting from Toro Bravo.  I'll feel bad about the disloyalty, but I can't order this from anyone but Mary after she's taken the trouble to help me out.

venus.jpg