bbwatch

Toro Bravo website

bbwatch

Hi,

I've been trying to make a 1st time purchase on Toro Bravo's site for about a week and haven't been successful. I used 2 different credit cards, contacted my bank to ensure there were no blocks with no success.

Anyone else has had problems?

BadPickle

Maybe Toro has blocked you? 

Icemix69

Have you tried emailing him to ask for a solution, he uses WU aswell

Undinist

I find it incredibly fast and easy - I use WU. I've bought twice from TB, and both times it's been super-quick.  I opened a WU account online in two minutes  without having to do any verification. Then I paid with my VISA debit card and WU sent cash to TB immediately. My bank did not question this or delay it in any way.  I had to pay a fee to WU, and they stiffed me with their exchange rate, which they like to make a  fat profit from. But TB gives a discount of up to 10% if you use WU, so it pretty much evens out....so I ended up paying almost the same amount in dollars as the TB price for the watch on their site. I'm in the UK, I don't know how WU deals might vary wherever you are. 

Undinist
16 minutes ago, Icemix69 said:

Have you tried emailing him 

+1 to that, at this time of day he often replies within seconds. torobravo dot sale at gmail dot com  

P.S. Check your spam folder. After you place the order, TB sends you an email. His shopping engine doesn't seem to do any transacting. Not for me, anyway, It's just a way of saying what you want. 

bbwatch

Thanks. I was hoping  to use a CC, at least the first time around. I did contact him and he mentioned the WU option.  I might have no other choice. On another note, just placed an order with Kuvarsit01 and didn't have a problem at all.

Undinist

Nothing stopping you from using a CC for your WU transaction. It may seem a strange, 2 step way of doing things, but as per my earlier post the discount from TB balances out the extra costs of using WU.  

bbwatch

Undinst, Really? Didn't know you could use WU with a CC. Good to know, thanks!

Undinist

I haven't done it myself, but my WU 'send a payment' page says  I can use 'credit or debit card'.

Undinist
53 minutes ago, bbwatch said:

Undinst, Really? Didn't know you could use WU with a CC. Good to know, thanks!

Hang on, just seen  a wrinkle in the small print: "If you're using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. You can avoid these fees by using a debit card, If applicable."

bbwatch

Ah ok. Thanks for pointing that out. Will keep that in mind.