Vinnie881

NOOB v7 Deep Sea Rolex vs real on

Vinnie881

So I got a NOOB v7 Deep Sea Rolex (Which is arguably the best replica you can get that is stock)from Mary, and she was phenomenal.  I have now compared the watch to the real one though and although the NOOB v7 is very high quality, feels good and I think will pass on a wrist as a real Rolex, I went down to the local rolex store to compare.

At first glance, they are very close

REAL VERSION IN STORE I WENT TO: https://ibb.co/nQS1R5

NOOB V7:  https://ibb.co/jCneDk

The biggest differences that are noticable you will see on the face, the chrome that surrounds each marker on the face is much higher quality on the real one, and very noticeable.

Other than that I have to say it is a very good replica.  For < $400 even a Rolex enthusiest will likely not be able to spot the difference unless there is one side by side, so it is a recommended purchase... Is it as good as a real rolex... Obviously two different ball parks, the real one just looks WOW, this one looks very nice though.

dvlerin41

Hard to tell from the picture of the real one with the glare, but no one would notice the chrome on the markers.  

Jibuti
On 23. 9. 2017 at 23:43, Vinnie881 said:

I went down to the local rolex store to compare

Now that is interesting......

spacepets4

hard to tell as the one from the store is a little blurred :)

Left Coast Guy

You didn't ask the salesperson to take it out of the case so you could compare directly? 

fatarms

I'm still in awe that the rep factories can't get the bezel insert engravings correct after all this time.  I've had a V7 no date sub C and sold it for that reason alone.  I couldn't justify the cost of the gen insert for a swap.  When they get it right, I'll be back.  The sub C no date (114060) is a must have for me, but in their current state, it's all I focus on and it ruins the experience for me personally.

Crowsnest3000

I agree with fatarms.

i have the V7 and the main thing is the dark colour on the bezel insert numbers. It's a dead giveaway.

i noticed in these 2 pics that the Rolex coronet doesn't match the noob V7 dial. So maybe it's a different dial v5 or 6 or version ??. The noob V7 dial coronet has a longer middle spike (2009 version with the flattened 'S' on the sea dweller is completely different to these pics

Edited by Crowsnest3000

domsdaddy123
On 9/24/2017 at 17:32, dvlerin41 said:

Hard to tell from the picture of the real one with the glare, but no one would notice the chrome on the markers.  

Well, the "chrome" on the "markers" in gen is actually white gold surrounds, that hold the luminous fill. I doubt the rep is gold ... but it is possible to polish the rep surrounds to a very high shine and it looks virtually identical. The biggest difference between the rep v6s / v7 and gen, looking straight on is actually the ceramic insert. When you spend enough time starring at both you will see what I mean. The next biggest tell is a toss up between xtal, hands, dw, and dial, depending on how good your eyesight is. For about 2k you can build a franken with gen bezel, hands, dw, crown, dial and 2xar xtal that will look the business for @ 15 to 20% cost of Gen..just dont use it to dive with!!

Genius
4 hours ago, domsdaddy123 said:

..............just dont use it to dive with!!

Why the fuck not....

If you are spending circa $2k modding there's no reason why not to seal off the HEV and have a watch that is absolutely fine for diving with....

Also no AR on a DSSD 

Del
18 minutes ago, Genius said:

Why the fuck not....

If you are spending circa $2k modding there's no reason why not to seal off the HEV and have a watch that is absolutely fine for diving with....

Also no AR on a DSSD 

Nevermind the diving, but spending $2k on a rep?! :wacko: 

Genius
1 hour ago, Del said:

Nevermind the diving, but spending $2k on a rep?! :wacko: 

Bloody mental eh?

RWI and Repgeek seem to have a fair few members who would see that kind of outlay on a single fake watch as pretty run of the mill, not something i can get my head round though 

RepGuy
9 minutes ago, Genius said:

Bloody mental eh?

RWI and Repgeek seem to have a fair few members who would see that kind of outlay on a single fake watch as pretty run of the mill

FOR SALE: Franken AP Schumacher 

- Gen dial

- Hand thinning mod

- Gen tachy ring

- Gen leather strap

- Brushed as per gen

- Crystal AR mod

- Had an AP authorized dealer sneeze on it

- Waterproofed to 2 inches

ASKING PRICE: $5,500

:lol:

Genius
37 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

- Gen dial

- Hand thinning mod

- Gen tachy ring

- Gen leather strap

- Brushed as per gen

- Crystal AR mod

I'll take 2 please 

Griffo
58 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

- Gen dial

- Hand thinning mod

- Gen tachy ring

- Gen leather strap

- Brushed as per gen

- Crystal AR mod

Does it come with a ski helmet?

Member X
On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 00:42, Left Coast Guy said:

You didn't ask the salesperson to take it out of the case so you could compare directly? 

:Thinking:

RepGuy
46 minutes ago, Genius said:

I'll take 2 please 

I don't know if I can get the AD to sneeze on another one. That's where the bulk of the value comes from

24 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Does it come with a ski helmet?

Not standard, but I can get the Ski Helmet Mod done for an extra $900 if you want

simonbolivar

Did this numb nuts actually walk his POS DSSD rep into an AD for a side by side comparison?:picard2:

Griffo
18 hours ago, RepGuy said:

I don't know if I can get the AD to sneeze on another one. That's where the bulk of the value comes from

Not standard, but I can get the Ski Helmet Mod done for an extra $900 if you want

:rofl:

11 hours ago, simonbolivar said:

Did this numb nuts actually walk his POS DSSD rep into an AD for a side by side comparison?:picard2:

Wouldn't surprise me. This is the kind of shit the "repfam" on Reddit do.

Basically, all the kids on a sub-Reddit for fake clothes discovered a sub-Reddit for rep watches and turned that into shit with pictures of their $10 Rolex reps. From there they seem to be coming to the forums, hence the "best $100 sub" threads.

spacecat
On 30/09/2017 at 10:43, Griffo said:

:rofl:

Wouldn't surprise me. This is the kind of shit the "repfam" on Reddit do.

Basically, all the kids on a sub-Reddit for fake clothes discovered a sub-Reddit for rep watches and turned that into shit with pictures of their $10 Rolex reps. From there they seem to be coming to the forums, hence the "best $100 sub" threads.

I'm all for best $100 sub threads if it drives competition to get a good sub at that price range

jw991

how is the sel on the noob v7 that you have received?

Edited by jw991
misspelt

Dmh19841217658

Is it still the best