Sign in to follow this  
RandomGuy

Ebel 1911 BTR Perpetual Calendar

RandomGuy

Stopped by the local Movado store and tried on this watch (steel & black leather). MSRP is $30k (not that it means anything in this business), but they'll sell it for $7,500.  Three on Chrono24 are listed at $10k. 

What do you guys think of the price? Dial is a bit too busy for me.  I was looking for the standard chrono or GMT, but they're hard to find. 

EDIT: worthless without pics, so here's a link: 

http://www.luxury-insider.com/features/2006/the-ebel-1911-btr-range?page=3 

Edited by RandomGuy
Add link

NFleischer

That's a great watch, but I agree that dial is quite busy.

You can get a plain 1911 chrono for about $2500 ;

https://www.jomashop.com/ebel-watch-1215890.html

Ask By-Tor, he loves Ebel.

Edited by NFleischer

black263

I can't get my head around manufacturers who claim they have created a perpetual calendar automatic, that will keep day/date/month/year without adjusting , for the next 100 years or so, and in the next breath advise sending it away every 5 years to be stripped, cleaned, oiled and reassembled. 

Genius
8 minutes ago, black263 said:

I can't get my head around manufacturers who claim they have created a perpetual calendar automatic, that will keep day/date/month/year without adjusting , for the next 100 years or so, and in the next breath advise sending it away every 5 years to be stripped, cleaned, oiled and reassembled. 

:lmao:

Damn good point!  Had never thought of it like that

RandomGuy
11 hours ago, black263 said:

Indeed!  That, coupled with the microscopic font on the wheels made me pass.

ByTor's reviews made me take the jump from being curious about Ebel to actively shopping for one. Thanks NFleischer - last time I looked at Jomashop they were out of stock.