Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

Miyota 9015, not always the perfect movement

GenTLe

The one (total life: 4 days on wrist) in my BP 2tone Rolex (unmodified) Vs a new one I got to replace it.

Look at the amplitude :/

I will post something when I will service the one I swapped out, there are no service tutorials around on this specific movement which is anyway quite diffused and generally reliable.

5eb069dea41ce0f5a8a2ad5bc6412dc8.jpg1eddd21c55f065414a02e261f9cee9b4.jpg

lipbos

Are you thinking the balance wheel is warped, or it's a lubrication issue? I'm curious to learn more.

GenTLe

Not sure at the moment. The movement looks fine apparently, and normally these are correctly lubricated. I'll discover something more once disassemble :)

rusty peters

I'm surprised it was as accurate as it was with that amplitude.  I have always had great luck with this movement so I am looking forward to hearing what you find. 

GenTLe

I am confident that it can be fixed: when I checked it just after it arrived it was running fine. After like 3 days (with no bumps given to the watch) it started to misbehave. I got a new one just because being the 1st one of this movement that I need to open, I felt safer to do a swap and then use the other one to practice.

NFleischer

I'm done buying BP watches, all their movements are problematic.  My recent Rolex DD with "Swiss" movement is the worst running rep I've had.

That's saying something as I've had a least 100 reps!

RepGuy
54 minutes ago, NFleischer said:

I'm done buying BP watches, all their movements are problematic.  My recent Rolex DD with "Swiss" movement is the worst running rep I've had.

Those Swiss movements are usually a horrible mash up of whatever parts they could fit together to call it Swiss. I've always had good luck with the cheaper clones.

dfq23

I bought a "Swiss" BP Omega which turned out to have a Seagull movement in it.

BP stands for Bullshit Practitioners 

Edited by dfq23

GenTLe
I got 2 Swiss movements by mistake of the sellers in the past: a BP pro hunter GMT 2, bought and paid to Andrew for Asian clone, turned out to be a Swiss mixture (incabloc Lyra spring on the main plate, novodiac Swiss one on balance bridge), and the Noob BP Fifty fathoms, again paid as Asian to Toro and turned out Swiss.
Both a disaster... The BP needed a new movement, the Noob needed good repair after 1 month in total on the wrist (this is what broke in the mainspring barrel bridge: the right-handed screw of the handwind gear between the ratchet wheel and the stem pinion).
Never again hopefully!!! I didn't want these movements since the beginning! And it is crazy that people pay more for this shit.

GenTLe

Finally now we are speaking well :D
5c199db1b0d5e39bb3f7ef11535e5c5e.jpg