Griffo

AP Diver V7 JF from Toro

Griffo

Got this in yesterday from Toro. From QC to on my wrist in 7 days - can't fault that!

I've had my eye on this AP for a while, but was unsure whether it would look too big on my wrists (6.5" or so), or feel uncomfortable due to size. It's only down as 42mm, but people have always said it wears a lot larger.

Then I saw Toro had it with the XS rubber strap and had to have it! It's my first (and definitely not last) AP.

It's super high quality, and even though it's fairly heavy compared to a lot of other watches, it never feels heavy on the wrist due to how well balanced it is. I'm sure the XS strap helps with this, too.

Everything works perfectly, and the rubber feels incredible. Very comfortable and soft; i can easily forget i'm wearing a watch.

Here's some pics. I'm hoping to get some better ones as i purchased one of those light boxes, but i'll save those and do a collection thread with my little rep collection :)

mXKm6V4.jpg

n2dZezW.jpg

diGWN5a.jpg

28Wv6bN.jpg

Mr Stubbs

Your photography is brilliant, Griffo.  It makes purchasing one from Toro seem like a brilliant idea as well...

Genius

These new ones are so fucking good out the box they really don't need any modding it really does look like a £10k+ watch!!! 

Was sure I didn't need another AP til I saw your qc pics... Now I know I need one :facepalm:

Nikosaldente

Looking good there mate!

Nice photos too!

Enjoy wearing it in the best of health!

Cheers!

Griffo
2 hours ago, Mr Stubbs said:

Your photography is brilliant, Griffo.  It makes purchasing one from Toro seem like a brilliant idea as well...

You're too kind! :) I'll have to get a proper camera!

Dont think about it, just get it ordered! 

1 hour ago, Genius said:

These new ones are so fucking good out the box they really don't need any modding it really does look like a £10k+ watch!!! 

Was sure I didn't need another AP til I saw your qc pics... Now I know I need one :facepalm:

Do it! You know it makes sense...somehow... :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Nikosaldente said:

Looking good there mate!

Nice photos too!

Enjoy wearing it in the best of health!

Cheers!

Thank you!

Thommo82

B-E-A-YOO-TA-FUL

watchlvr91

Looks great!!

Griffo

Come on @Genius you know you want one.... :drool::p 

9BZqfCI.jpg

13oots2

Lovely looking watch, must admit to being an AP snob at the moment...nothing else will do.

serious

Been looking at these and thanks to Griffo and other guys I think I've made my mind up. Just noticed though that apparently JF version8 is now out - cant remember what dealer I saw it on though sorry - anyone know the difference between 7 and 8?

thanks for any info guys!

Griffo
15 hours ago, serious said:

Been looking at these and thanks to Griffo and other guys I think I've made my mind up. Just noticed though that apparently JF version8 is now out - cant remember what dealer I saw it on though sorry - anyone know the difference between 7 and 8?

thanks for any info guys!

V8 has a different movement, that i've seen a lot of people say has a noisy rotor. I was searching for the exact same thing before buying my V7 and the general opinion was that it's best to go with V7.

@RepGuy is the man when it comes to AP, hopefully he doesn't mind me tagging him here and can weigh in with his opinion :) 

Monkey_Business

Jesus christ that looks good!

RepGuy
19 minutes ago, Griffo said:

V8 has a different movement, that i've seen a lot of people say has a noisy rotor. I was searching for the exact same thing before buying my V7 and the general opinion was that it's best to go with V7.

@RepGuy is the man when it comes to AP, hopefully he doesn't mind me tagging him here and can weigh in with his opinion :) 

Save your money and get the v7 with the closed caseback. The v8 has a Miyota movement, which aside from the noises rotor, makes it harder to mod if you wanted to go that route, as it won't accept the commonly used Powermatic low-beat movement some members use. The only other real difference is the slightly more matte dial the v8 uses, which literally nobody can see unless comparing the two versions side by side.

serious

Thanks Guys! I've emailed a few TD's and will let you know how I get on .....

and pics of course when it arrives!

serious

Change of plan - oops! Couldn't get a V7 with white face and didn't want V8 white with open case so temporarily ditched this plan to return at some point in time. 

In the meantime I've gone with the new ARF white Daytona with ceramic bezel which  'apparently'  uses 904 steel  - really looking forward to getting my hands on this one and I'll let you know whether I think it lives up to the hype.

pani
On 2017-10-11 at 16:20, RepGuy said:

Save your money and get the v7 with the closed caseback. The v8 has a Miyota movement, which aside from the noises rotor, makes it harder to mod if you wanted to go that route, as it won't accept the commonly used Powermatic low-beat movement some members use. The only other real difference is the slightly more matte dial the v8 uses, which literally nobody can see unless comparing the two versions side by side.

@RepGuy But i talked to toro and V7 also uses Miyota now? He can fix with Swiss ETA 2824. Is this the best way to do it if u want lowbeat mod? I want also to buy the V7 but miyota people say cant be modded. Anyone can help out what way to go?

Edited by pani

RepGuy
1 hour ago, pani said:

@RepGuy But i talked to toro and V7 also uses Miyota now? He can fix with Swiss ETA 2824. Is this the best way to do it if u want lowbeat mod? I want also to buy the V7 but miyota people say cant be modded. Anyone can help out what way to go?

Check M2M or with other TD's for a v7 with the A2824. Don't ever buy a rep with a stated Swiss movement... there's no guarantee you're getting a Swiss movement at all, and often times when it it "Swiss", it's a Frankenstein mix of Asian and already used parts from other movements.

LaraA

My favorite Watch :)

Grooster

That is one stunning looking watch and great photos too.

seanjames

Mine arrived yesterday, got to say its a keeper, on a par with my heavily modified noob v3.5 with gen movement I acquired on here 3 years back but sold last year, only watch I've ever really missed

straight out of the box, these are the best around

neil

What version did you get seanjames ? And from Toro? I'm looking to get the same my first AP as I normally lean towards Pams.

PyratM

I've been drooling over one of these for years. My resolve is wearing thin.

neil

is the closed caseback version of this watch an original version or is it ' fantasy' just to hide an inaccurate movement? I couldn't find it on the AP website

Omaaouni

It’s an amazing watch. I am trying to place an order. I tried trusty time but no luck. Any TT recommendations to source the v7 version?

thanks,