gwkiw

My first Panerai rep, a PAM684

gwkiw
10 hours ago, vintage820 said:

684 Nice Watch!!

Is it the XF or ZF? I'm about to pull the trigger. Heard ZF is better. Anyone input??

Thanks. At the time I bought the 684 my TD said the XF/V6 were better than the ZF.  Didn't say what made them better. So I bought the XF/V6.

20 hours ago, mysterio said:

I presume you are talking about a fake flyback chrono as working flyback chronos aren't even available in the popular 44mm and 47mm size. 

I don't really know. Sure....   I didn't look at them in too much detail.  Once I saw some of these other cool PAM styles were simply too big size wise for me (max for me is 42mm) I moved on .  Just saying it would be nice to have more 42mm options looking at some of the various styles available in the bigger sizes. Also looking at some of the  "post your PANERAI" the larger sizes have a lot more variants to choose from.  But thats Panerai. I am happy I do have my two 42mm Pams for sure. 

PandoraG

the movement looks so accurate on that. might have to get me one of those .......

gwkiw
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 19:47, PandoraG said:

the movement looks so accurate on that. might have to get me one of those .......

That's exactly what I thought also. Close enough.  Here's a couple of pics comparing the rep and the gen case backs.

The rep.                                                                                                                                                              The Gen.

case_back_rep.jpg           caseback_gen.png

Edited by gwkiw
more postimage chaos

PandoraG
23 hours ago, gwkiw said:

That's exactly what I thought also. Close enough.  Here's a couple of pics comparing the rep and the gen case backs.

The rep.                                                                                                                                                              The Gen.

case_back_rep.jpg           caseback_gen.png

dam thats a good rep 

mysterio
13 hours ago, PandoraG said:

dam thats a good rep 

Things finally fell into place where the A7750 movement matched the location of the balance wheel on the gen P.9010 @11. It was always the point of difference with the P.9000 whose balance wheel was @7 so even if the factory put decorative plates on the movement it still would not look gen-like. Fast forward a few years and we now have a true P.9000 clone with not only the balance wheel @7 but with the gen functions as well. That left the A7750 looking for a new purpose, and it found that in the new P.9010 reps. Now the next evolution would be to have gen functions. We don't know when that is, but for now, the decorated A7750 at  least looks the part. :)

stoyania

@mysterio i assume at this point you recommend the v6 version compared to the zf?

Edited by stoyania
typo

mattmd90

Guys, I am looking for rep 682! This looks amazing and gen is around 7k which I can’t afford at this moment. How does it feel when you put it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metalzeus

This is great looking watch!

raspymcnasty

hows that gold plating holding up? that thing is blingy as hell

gwkiw
On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:13, raspymcnasty said:

hows that gold plating holding up? that thing is blingy as hell

So far as good as new but I don't wear this watch all the time so that is likely part of why its holding up fine.   I alternate what I wear out of my collection every couple or so  days so they all get used and some down time.  I can easily polish scratches out of my SS reps but the RG ones I'm pretty careful with to keep them pristine.  I think polishing RG is a little risky as the plating is likely thin.  Regarding the bling factor I personally don't find it that blingy as I like a nice RG finish.  The black strap kind of accents the black dial well and kind of ties it all together while keeping the bling factor more restrained. It has more bling then it's SS cousin I think for sure.  I like having some bling in my collection anyway.  This watch goes well with my Breitling EVOs.  I find people comment on the bling factor of those more than this 684.