dave47

TWO MORE UNDER $20 GEMS FROM THE 'BAY

dave47

Hi, Gang!

Below is a thread I posted on WUS's "20 dollars or less" thread. I found this earlier in the year and has really opened a whole new genre in watch collecting. Granted, these are NOT for the long haul but just for the moment.  dave:

Hi, Gang!  I just recently received two additional "20 Dollars of Less" watches from The Bay, both being BEI NUO quartz watches, each for the startling price of $5.99 each.  I was fascinated by their appearances, especially the one with the Roman numerals. (I'm a sucker for those.) Both measure 39mm w/o the crown; 41mm with the crown, and a slim 10mm thick. The straps are, uh, ah, just WONDERFUL and should last several wearings. I know these are not "for ever" watches, but given the infrequency I wear a lot of my collection, they should last a long time. Again, KUDOS to this thread and all the great members who have shown their wares and have shown excellent video analyses of a lot of the watches. Your efforts to NOT go unappreciated. Now, on with the show, starting with the Roman numeral BEI NUO.  dave:

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20001_

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20004_

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20005_

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20006_

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20007_

GOLD Toned BEI NUO:

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20011_

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20013_

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20014_

BEI%20NUO%20Quartz%20Watches.%202%20015_

tabuktime

Should've cost more than that for postage!

Daffy

That first guilloche dial is pretty.

SteveA

Sorry but they look like they are from the lookey lookey man,you were robbed !

dave47
8 hours ago, Daffy said:

That first guilloche dial is pretty.

THANKS, D.!  I think so, too.  It's low price doesn't bother me.

dave

dave47
7 hours ago, SteveA said:

Sorry but they look like they are from the lookey lookey man,you were robbed !

NAW, not really.  "Getting robbed" would apply to higher expectations that weren't delivered.  With $5,99 watches, you KNOW what you're getting.  And, for the price, not too shabby. Thanks anyway, Steve, for the feedback. I know the mates here will give me their opinions whether I want them or not, heh!!

dave

black263

Really don't know how they can sell at this price, and cover postage.  And they even include a battery.

brang1

i have been in manufacturing all my life, and i cannot for the life off me, figure how the fuck they make these things for the price? Low wages granted, but FFS $5:99

lipbos

One would have to assume these are either loss leaders, or old inventory they need to liquidate. Either way, good find Dave!

dave47
10 hours ago, brang1 said:

i have been in manufacturing all my life, and i cannot for the life off me, figure how the fuck they make these things for the price? Low wages granted, but FFS $5:99

I have NO CLUE, either, B.!  These watches don't appear to be too recklessly cheap -- e.g. the guilloche (sp) dial appears to be decent; the date in the window is perfectly centered, the hands look great, the case (alloy metal) is nicely done with no rough spots  -- the "leather" strap?  Uh, cheapie.  ALL IN ALL, an excellent piece for the ridiculously low price of $5.99  I have other under $20 pieces from SINOBI, SKMEI, and NAVIFORCE that are outright gorgeous.  As NCRICH (also a mate on RWI) posted (regarding DHGATE; for the life of him, he doesn't know how these makers do it!  Me, neither.  I just sit back and enjoy them.

dave

brang1
3 hours ago, dave47 said:

I have NO CLUE, either, B.!  These watches don't appear to be too recklessly cheap -- e.g. the guilloche (sp) dial appears to be decent; the date in the window is perfectly centered, the hands look great, the case (alloy metal) is nicely done with no rough spots  -- the "leather" strap?  Uh, cheapie.  ALL IN ALL, an excellent piece for the ridiculously low price of $5.99  I have other under $20 pieces from SINOBI, SKMEI, and NAVIFORCE that are outright gorgeous.  As NCRICH (also a mate on RWI) posted (regarding DHGATE; for the life of him, he doesn't know how these makers do it!  Me, neither.  I just sit back and enjoy them.

dave

exactly, its a lot of cheap fun

cvp3

Loving my $22 eBay watches..........the 3 on the right.

image.jpg