Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

Why can't people just use the Trusted Dealers???

Luthier
...we should actually APPLAUD guys like luthier who venture into the wild to try new ground.

They applauded... with my head between their hands.

:)

JohnG
...we should actually APPLAUD guys like luthier who venture into the wild to try new ground.

Yeah, Luthier was SO pro-Mary, like every fucking five minutes, Mary this, Mary that... that we all thought, "this fucker is making a commission on the watches she sells!" That was half the board, the other half thought, "he is boinking her, and he wants to pump up her business for her, that way he will get laid more..."

:rofl:

houndoggie

Yeah, Luthier was SO pro-Mary, like every fucking five minutes, Mary this, Mary that... that we all thought, "this fucker is making a commission on the watches she sells!" That was half the board, the other half thought, "he is boinking her, and he wants to pump up her business for her, that way he will get laid more..."

:rofl:

sounds like a win-win deal.

fel66
Let me tell you, how I brought Mary to this Forum.

Once I surfed the Net, found a website, that has live chat, and I've talked to a girl, found her very honest, pleasant to talk with, and quite knowlegeable. I came to GZ, and we met. I ordered a few watches, and it was delivered to me with all modifications I requested. Quality was just stunning. So, I posted the pictures of my new watches and email of the girl, and ordered a few more watches from her. And recommended her to the Forum, assuring, that I met her in real life, and was very pleased with her service and prices. Many times was beaten for "shilling" for Mary, but nothing was able to bend me, because I knew - she was really good. Most of our members back then used to buy almost exclusively from cartel. Being in GZ many times after, I convinced Mary to resign from her company and start her own business. And I continued to buy watches from her. After suffering a lot of humiliation from our beloved members for months and months, somebody, finally, agreed to try Mary. Result was "WOW!!!". Then somebody else... and somebody else... I guess elders remember, how Mary emailed to Col. - "Sir, your watch arrived to your door, but you wasn't at home!!!" She tracked delivery every 15 min.!!! That event was as stunning for our members, as "Shmoola" ordeal. Well... Thanks to Greg - he invited her to try, and in a few weeks Mary earned great reputation for her fast service, low prices, and Quality Control. She was the first dealer, who started to send QC pictures before shipping the watch.

That's how we got our Mary... Don't know about others.

Bravo !

next watch, I'll order from mary.

melior2550
I think we're all in agreement that using trusted dealers is the only way to go if at all possible.

My peeve and point being that a select few of our members tend to be rather impatient with noobs when they ask about scam site "xyz", "who makes the best sub" or “express a foolish noob opinionâ€.

Personally I think that if you can’t post something positive or informative in reply to a noob then don’t post anything at all.

If you think what I’m claiming doesn’t happen read this thread again.

Right balad, you're a good guy, certainly someone I would trust to ask a question and get an honest answer so I reckon you should write a "noob guide" biggrin.png

popcorn.gif

Touche good point, and if I could stay focused long enough on one task a worthy cause.

On the other hand I believe there already are plenty of well written guides and advice. Being noobs most won't read them and will continue to ask the same old questions.

PS: Actually I'm not a good guy but do have a soft spot for noobs, children, old people and puppies, lol.

Noobs and children are ok but old people and puppies? Sheesh! lol.gif

I was trying to be a politician and cover all my bases, lol.

I read in an economics journal article recently that the government, and so a politician, has to care for three types of people: idiots, criminals, and married women. ಠ益ಠ

phone
I think we're all in agreement that using trusted dealers is the only way to go if at all possible.

My peeve and point being that a select few of our members tend to be rather impatient with noobs when they ask about scam site "xyz", "who makes the best sub" or “express a foolish noob opinionâ€.

Personally I think that if you can’t post something positive or informative in reply to a noob then don’t post anything at all.

Right balad, you're a good guy, certainly someone I would trust to ask a question and get an honest answer so I reckon you should write a "noob guide" biggrin.png

popcorn.gif

Touche good point, and if I could stay focused long enough on one task a worthy cause.

On the other hand I believe there already are plenty of well written guides and advice. Being noobs most won't read them and will continue to ask the same old questions.

PS: Actually I'm not a good guy but do have a soft spot for noobs, children, old people and puppies, lol.

I read in an economics journal article recently that the government, and so a politician, has to care for three types of people: idiots, criminals, and married women. ಠ益ಠ

Bud. This thread is from 2011. Why?

onzenuub

popcorn.gif

Bud. This thread is from 2011. Why?

Me thinks because he was just now reading the article and remembered this thread. Or he wanted to get to M2M soooooon. :P

Keith1969

As a newbie to the replica watch hobby I had ordered from another dealer before I found this site.

I do wish that I had found this site before I ordered. I am certain I would have ordered a BK from one of the TD here instead of just the noob v7.

I think many people are just discovering your site after they have ordered.

On a side note I had researched the dssd watches for at least six weeks before pulling the trigger.

I will let you know if my dealer follows through. The QC pics looked great.

Edited by Keith1969

Rassilon

I understand that I am new to this forum and new to watches so I didn't want to overstep my bounds...

side note: it's funny to think i am new to watches at being 37 years old, but I have learned more in the past 3-4 weeks about a watch then all of my 37 yrs combined.

Similar boat here. I found RWG a couple of years ago, and as you can tell from my post count, I mostly lurk. But these guys have taught me more about watches than in 32 previous years and introduced me t one of the most rewarding hobbies imaginable.

And I've gotten endless hours of entertainment and laughter from this place.

Good folks dedicated to a great subject.

Keith1969

Some people buy outside of trusted dealers because they believe false claims. Honestly I almost spent a ridiculous sum of money for a watch that the dealer claimed is made of 901 (I think that is the right number) stainless steel just like rolex uses. I have since learned that no rep out there is truly made of 901 steel. If you want to believe a false claim then you will. The trusted dealers don't make false claims about what they are selling. It could be as simple as that. Some people just don't prefer honesty...prefer hearing what they want to hear?????

trailboss99

Three kinds of people buy from non trusted dealers. There are those who have been doing this for a long time and are willing to take a chance on a non TD based on years of experience.

Without these guys we would be in trounie. Without them we would have no new dealers coming thru and if its one thing I know its that dealers don't last forever, the only two that have been around since the beginning of the fora are River and Connie (Kingwatch), the rest came later. Therefore without a constant trickle of new dealers we will eventually be pressed for choice.

The second kind are those who know no better, who ordered without having found one of the fora. For these people I have pity.

The third are silly noobs who ignore good advice and order from non trusted sites anyway. For this mob I have no pity whatsoever.