ERROR404

First Born on the way... what to get him?

ERROR404

My first son is on its way (my wife is due on Novermber 25th) and wanted to buy him something now that he could unwrap in 18-21 years.

Something that will be timeless and might  even increase in value 20 years from now.

Unfortunately, I need to be money conscious, since the baby comes along with new expenses, my wife is going to stay home for the first year of his life, and we are trying to buy a house/condo (We are little short on the  20% down).

Just wanted to check with you guys to see if anything comes to mind...

Thanks

paccbet

I'd say get him something like the Moonwatch or the SMP (I'm sure it'll be an iconic Bond vintage in years to come)! And congrats to another important milestone!

Griffo

Moonwatch comes to mind. How about something from Nomos? They seem insanely good for the money.

SteveA

Get him a gen Magritte Moana Pacifica ,good investment by all accounts

RepGuy

Put whatever money you would spend on a watch into a college savings plan (like a 529 plan if you're in the United States). It's not as fun as a watch, but it can alleviate a ton of stress later in life for you and your child

https://www.sec.gov/reportspubs/investor-publications/investorpubsintro529htm.html

SuperbMonster

Get something from the year you were born.

RUSH2112

I’d be buying diapers and onesies.

BadPickle
8 minutes ago, RUSH2112 said:

I’d be buying diapers and onesies.

This

splke

lego lots of lego

ERROR404
3 hours ago, RepGuy said:

Put whatever money you would spend on a watch into a college savings plan (like a 529 plan if you're in the United States). It's not as fun as a watch, but it can alleviate a ton of stress later in life for you and your child

https://www.sec.gov/reportspubs/investor-publications/investorpubsintro529htm.html

Hey thanks a lot for the link. I have been meaning to look into it... reading it right now

Daffy

$2,000 worth of Apple Stock.  When he hits 21, he will thank you profusely.

RepGuy
1 hour ago, Daffy said:

$2,000 worth of Apple Stock.  When he hits 21, he will thank you profusely.

I would go the Google route, as they have their hands in everything from AI to broadband services, giving them a much broader range of long term money makers.

ERROR404

Thanks for all the suggestion guys! 

ERROR404
54 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

I would go the Google route, as they have their hands in everything from AI to broadband services, giving them a much broader range of long term money makers.

For a second I though you were going to recommend a new washer and dryer.

RepGuy
52 minutes ago, ERROR404 said:

For a second I though you were going to recommend a new washer and dryer.

We're probably not too far off from Google branded appliances. Now if you're looking for a recommendation on a washer dryer combo that can stand up to being used as a sex bench of sorts, I've got you covered :lol:

OldOrleans

Definitely put it in a college fund, but if you had to- Mido Barcellini Heritage rose gold.($600). It's an ETA and under 9mm thick. Classy watch. Maybe buy a nice strap from Hoodinke too.

Khronos

I'd get him a Seiko 62MAS reissue. That price will skyrocket in 21 years from now. Or Google stocks, that seems like a pretty reasonable idea..