Reality_Cheque

Hi from Slough, West London - intro and a Q

Reality_Cheque

Hi,

My name is Mike. I'm new to the forum, and new to the hobby.

I've already picked up 5 modestly priced reps, 3 of them secondhand. I've since sold one of them on as it didn't suit me. I'm actually quite interested in the S/H ones as there seems to be a lot more variety, as it is about what people have collected over the years, rather than just what is being currently produced. Also, you get to try out watches 'half price' to see what appeals. (I've learned that the common Pans are really big and heavy, something that doesn't always come across in the posts that you read.)

Anyway, may I ask where you find secondhand  sales on RWG? I can't see a specific forum for them, so are they mixed in with the other threads? Is there an accepted way on the forum of tagging sales posts so they can be found with a search?

Thanks for reading, and hoping for a swift pointer on the above.

Cheers! - Mike

Left Coast Guy

There is a sales section that you will be able to see once you've made enough posts. Generally speaking, folks will be more amenable to deal/trade with you once you've been around for a bit made some posts and folks know you. Unfortunately, there are bad actors that stop in now and then, so folks are somewhat careful who they deal with. As you'll see, many member will prefer sales to long-time or VIP members (members that pay to support the forum) over new or inexperienced members. 

Your best bet is to read a lot contribute and then you'll know what to look forward and you'll be a known quantity to the membership

Mr_B

giphy.gif

Reality_Cheque

Thanks for the info Left Coast Guy. Yes, that makes sense so no problem. There is a fair amount for me to read through here and I suspect that I'm into the hobby for the long haul!

I have a Breitling Tranglobal,  a brand new Tag which I got cheap because it had no bracelet, so i got a leather strap and clasp from dhgate (an experience there, but it's all about learning, isn't it) , a Sub that i soon parted with as I didn't like it, a pan that i could use to weight a body down with and a couple of others in the post. Happy to wait before looking at what available on here, and I understand that people have to be comfortable with you

...and thanks for the welcome Mr_baldwin

Looking forward to participating!

- Mike

Jibuti

welcome mate. meet few of our finest girls here....

81f2dc2d6aa05aa5942a1f6311bba146_zps5kg7

Reality_Cheque

I strongly suspect that at least one of those girls is a Turkish replica

fatarms
4 hours ago, jibuti said:

welcome mate. meet few of our finest girls here....

81f2dc2d6aa05aa5942a1f6311bba146_zps5kg7