herdpm

Part-Time Movement

herdpm

Bought an awful AirKing from the gate and have no idea of the movement. Here's the problem. The watch will wind by shaking or by crown, but it will only work for about five minutes. Shaking will get the hands moving again, but only for a short time. If I lay it at a certain angle it operates for hours normally, but when picked up it stops. I know it's junk, so I'm unafraid of testing it apart. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

NCRich

Not junk, could be anything.  Even if it needs a new movement its only $30 or so.  Happens even when you order from TDs. How much was the watch?  Where are you?

narikaa

Cracked jewel most likely

herdpm
Not junk, could be anything.  Even if it needs a new movement its only $30 or so.  Happens even when you order from TDs. How much was the watch?  Where are you?
I'm in Kentucky. The watch was $68, but had a $20 dealer coupon, so $48. The dial is so bad, that I'm not sure I want to repair it as I have poor mechanical skills. I may try to sell it for parts. How much do you think it's worth for parts, if any.

Forgot to mention the bracelet is really nice and study, as is the case.

NCRich

What is wrong with the dial?  Pics look like the normal ugly modern airking dial.

herdpm

Not sure what it's called but the upside down triangle is way off center.f662c0bf3827c57ba63f0c5da2104ba8.jpg

herdpm
How difficult is it to replace a movement and where can you buy one?

NCRich

Hmmmm......how bad do you want to learn?

Like nearly everything in the world, unless you want to do this a lot its always cheaper to pay someone to do it or have a buddy who can.  Kinda like a boat.

A good movement is gonna cost $35 with shipping.  Almost as much as your watch.

If you do it you will probably screw it up, and the new movement.  Its a Dhgate experiment.  Unless you have modding dreams I'd sell it cheap for parts.  Heck its cheap anyway.

However, this is how I got started modding.  Pm me if you just wanna toss it.  I don't really like that watch at all but I collect parts.

herdpm

At this point I have nothing to lose. What's the simplest movement to install?