spacecat

Realigning dial markers

spacecat

Hi,

I bought a Tudor Pelagos and as I feared the applied dial markers are not aligned well. Has anyone tried to pry the markers off and realign them?

How do you suggest I go about this?

Cheers!

NCRich

No.  Unless you are very, very highly skilled don't ruin your watch.  I would not do that, and I'm pretty good.

spacecat
19 hours ago, NCRich said:

No.  Unless you are very, very highly skilled don't ruin your watch.  I would not do that, and I'm pretty good.

yeah fair enough.. 

Xpletiv

So then, what would the highly skilled way be?

Solvent to loosen the glue (GooGone?)?

Lightly applied heat?

NCRich

No you remove the stem without screwing the keyless., You take off the hands without damaging them, you remove the dial by releasing the lever arms.  You take a razor blade and scrape off the glue from the back side.   Take a needle and push out the pins securing the indices.  After removing all the offending indices, replace the indices without scratching the dial, bend them if needed to put them in the correct position, then reglue them on the back to keep them in place.  Let dry, reassemble the movement, rotate the movement to insure it turns over at midnight, reinstall hands, reinstall movement, then reinsert stem, replace case back.

Nothing really.

RepGuy

If some Chinese factory can do it, how hard can it be? I've got a flathead screwdriver and some leftover glue stick... I'm going to have a go at it :balls:

Dendo
On 10/9/2017 at 19:32, spacecat said:

Hi,

I bought a Tudor Pelagos and as I feared the applied dial markers are not aligned well. Has anyone tried to pry the markers off and realign them?

How do you suggest I go about this?

Cheers!

Pics please or it did not happen.....

Was this a premonition or were the QC pics obviously showing misaligned markers???