edwinowl

Watch for cycling/gym , heart rate tracking

edwinowl

So my new gym has a cycling studio, i've been a keen cyclist for 25 years and used a polar HR watch and strap for a few years

Seems technology has moved forward and i'm looking for something similar again , seems there's these 'fit bit' watches

Anyone have any experience with them or similar there's loads out there, any recommendations ?

greg_r

My wife has a fitbit - if it was mine, it would have wound up in the trash long ago. It's basically a digital nagging device. Payback, I say! :lol:

Beyond that, I know nooooothing, sorry ;)

NCRich

I have a Garmin 230.

SteveA

Don’t why anyone wants to check their heartbeat.I have two cups of coffee and a wank on a morning to kickstart mine and it goes for the rest of the day no bother

edwinowl
1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Don’t why anyone wants to check their heartbeat.I have two cups of coffee and a wank on a morning to kickstart mine and it goes for the rest of the day no bother

:rofl:

That made me chuckle

Serious answers only please, love these emoticon thingys

:slap:

Wriggles

Another vote for a Garmin, can't go wrong with the Garmin's

freddyfinger

I've got the latest Garmin 935. Love it.

If the bikes are watt bike you can connect over ant plus  same as power meters on your actual bike tracks heart rate. The running function and the amount you can do over Garmin connect is insane . Its waterproof and can track swimming the lot.

Downside the 935 is pricey  so if you aren't  training to compete  the 735XT does all the same stuff really and   is a hell of a lot cheaper. 

By far though Garmin dominate this market.

Left Coast Guy

I got an Apple Watch as a gift last xmas, and like it a lot for sports stuff. Use it for GPS yardage on the golf course, tracking running, etc. Like it well enough so far.

Chiruku

Another vote for the 735XT - does everything you'll need it to. Garmin connect works well with Strava if you plan on getting out on the bike more. 

You can pick it up for a good price now the 935 is out as well. 

The built in HRM works fine, but if you want to go full beans you can pick up a bundle with the HR strap.

Edited by Chiruku

Nickfive

Garmin a personal fav :)

SuperbMonster

Loads of fitness freaks in my office and it's nothing but Garmin

edwinowl

Best look at garmin then chaps.  Ggggggggggive a garmin 

paccbet

904hKaD.jpg

Garmin D2 Bravo for me. Even got a flight planner and METAR.

EEngels
So my new gym has a cycling studio, i've been a keen cyclist for 25 years and used a polar HR watch and strap for a few years
Seems technology has moved forward and i'm looking for something similar again , seems there's these 'fit bit' watches
Anyone have any experience with them or similar there's loads out there, any recommendations ?

I have a garmin fenix 3 with hr on wrist and strap that I don’t use. Sounds like what you need...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonyh7

I've got a Xaomi Mi band. It's a fit bit knock off for a quarter the price, and it works fine. You can turn the heart monitoring off  - so it only gives heart rate when you touch it. Battery lasts for a month like that. Also you can swim with it. The phone apps not bad either. 

edwinowl
13 minutes ago, vmarks said:

I have a garmin fenix 3 with hr on wrist and strap that I don’t use. Sounds like what you need...

Sounds expensive :bugeyes:

9 minutes ago, tonyh7 said:

I've got a Xaomi Mi band. It's a fit bit knock off for a quarter the price, and it works fine. You can turn the heart monitoring off  - so it only gives heart rate when you touch it. Battery lasts for a month like that. Also you can swim with it. The phone apps not bad either. 

Sounds like what I need :D

EEngels
Sounds expensive :bugeyes:

Apple Watch would also do you well, since it understands cycling as an activity. Some of the polar wrist trackers do, too.

Flipper81

800521542188519f91713934b4d33c55.png

Withings is a great watch it’s good for cardio, swimming and can even withstand temperature of 65c so I use it when in the sauna to. The app is not bad either and doubles with an alarm and battery last ages I charge every 4-6 weeks

Thommo82
On 13/10/2017 at 21:23, SteveA said:

two cups of coffee and a wank 

+1