Tits McGee

Help needed

Tits McGee

I recently bought this 3777 from one of our TD's. This is not the TD's fault and I'm very reluctant to send it back to China for a repair. Since it looks like a simple "re-seating" of the chrono hand and because I don't have a local rep-friendly watchsmith (currently), do we have any capable people in the US who might be able to fix this? I'd reach out to Katt but I know he doesn't work on 7750's. Suggestions?

bvdBwVm.jpg

Nikosaldente

It is an easy fix, regardless the movement!

You only need to remove the whole Movement from the case and reposition the Big seconds hand dead on 12 with a hand presser tool!

I'm sure you can sort it out pal:D

splke

@NCRich:)

BadPickle

Ask Katt, it’s not so much working on a 7750, just re seating a hand, could be any movement if he closes his eyes ;) 

tonyh7

It's not a big job, but if you love the watch and you've never done it before, do not do it yourself. 

GenTLe
31 minutes ago, tonyh7 said:

It's not a big job, but if you love the watch and you've never done it before, do not do it yourself. 

I agree, it takes time and patience. And tries: if you fit the hand and make the chrono to run, stopping it when the hand is at 12 sharp, and reset it, you'll see it will not exactly at 12 and you'll have to reposition it until it's ok, and then reallt press it. And definitively a movement holder with a central chrono second pinion support is needed, or easily there will be a damage at the jewel below...

Thommo82

I was able to swap movement, dial and hands in a vintage Bulova that I rebuilt with zero experience beforehand.

Have also had to reset a few seconds hands without any issue or correct tools.

Remove crown and stem, pop out movement and secure in holder. I used a blob of bluetak on the end of my tweezers (but a pen lid would be better as someone pointed out to me)  to pick up seconds hand and push (gently) back into place.

This was a simple process and each time I've done this I didn't fuck anything up

Good luck