Sign in to follow this  
lukeas123456

My Build Project

lukeas123456

What's up Gang.

Watches have been a passion of mine for the last 7 years and I've always been interested in the build of a watch being an Engineer it's always interested me. 

So I've set about slowly sourcing parts to build a Franklin build I will get the parts over time and try to keep the costs down, I think I will build something custom. Well when I say build I will contact our good fourm friend Rollie and have him put it all together for me. 

It's something I've been meaning to do for a while. So stay tunned to this post and I'll log the build here I'm currently on the hunt for a Gen dial. Rolex of course as that's where my obsession lies. 

:D

edwinowl

Good luck with it. 

Which bits are you gonna use gen ? 

lukeas123456
5 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Good luck with it. 

Which bits are you gonna use gen ? 

It's bad isn't it I'm on holiday and still on the forum. 

I'd like to go all gen apart from the moment although i will go for a swiss one it wont be a Rolex movment and the bracellet will also be a rep. 

Chiruku

Good luck with the build - I picked up my 1665 dial on the Rolex Forum - nice bunch of people, would recommend.

lukeas123456
Just now, Chiruku said:

Good luck with the build - I picked up my 1665 dial on the Rolex Forum - nice bunch of people, would recommend.

I'm on Chrono24 as they have a lot of spares on there. But I will check out the Rolex forum. Been bidding on eBay on a couple of dials. But I think the bay is the wrong free to bark up. So if anyone else can point me to the best places for gen parts it will be much apprechiated:D

edwinowl
3 minutes ago, lukeas123456 said:

I'm on Chrono24 as they have a lot of spares on there. But I will check out the Rolex forum. Been bidding on eBay on a couple of dials. But I think the bay is the wrong free to bark up. So if anyone else can point me to the best places for gen parts it will be much apprechiated:D

Be careful though. Lots of fake stuff out there. Particularly dials. 

lukeas123456
2 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Be careful though. Lots of fake stuff out there. Particularly dials. 

Yes I will be checking with the experts on here before I pull the trigger on any of my purchases. I hate it when people have to scam. Such wrong doing.

lukeas123456

Guys the Yuki 3135 movment is it only for 41mm cases or do they do one to fit a 36mm case? I'm confused with the movements in terms of sizes, I've been here a while now so have done my home work over the past years on  which movement is which and so on but I'm just confused as far as sizes go. 

Is it one size fits all? 

Any help would be great as I want to order a Yuki movement or even a 2nd Hand Rolex one but I want to be sure it will fit a 36mm case. 

Cheers