Del

Seiko SARB035 just in...

Del

I was looking to buy a dressy, traditional and almost vintage-style watch and decided to try the Seiko SARB035. I read lots of reviews and looked at loads of photos so decided that it should fit the bill. The movement itself sounded worth the punt, not to mention the overall quality of what is generally known as the “baby Grand Seiko”.

However, this model is not particularly cheap and is well into the £300s even going through the likes of Creation Watches, and the best part of £400 in UK Seiko dealers. However, I came across a couple of eBay sellers based in Ireland with good feedback that were selling it for only £245....so, after consultation with my eBay advisor (thanks Andyboy! :D ), I took the plunge and ordered it on 9 October with an estimated delivery of 2-3 weeks.

I received a shipping notification yesterday but still with the same estimated delivery. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to come home this afternoon after a family lunch outing to find the watch had been delivered! :woo:

The watch is really, really nice with an off-white dial and the fantastic 6R15 automatic movement. It looks and feels high quality, and sits great on the wrist. Even the Seiko bracelet is surprisingly good and in no way cheapens the watch, unlike many other Seiko bracelets that I’ve had before on other models - it’ll certainly be staying on the bracelet for now. :)

This is a Japanese model and it even came with a Japanese warranty card - only valid in Japan! :lol:

Here’s a quick pic but you’ll probably be seeing a lot more in the Wrist Check threads over the coming weeks! :D

c72a482146d1c2aef877770e1aee23a3.jpg

Moondustesp

Thats is stunning Del nice buy. I like that alot.  Just about to receive (I am ashamed to say) my first Seiko.  Nowhere near as good as yours but I still can’t wait :woo:Enjoy it shes a beauty :notworthy:

Del
5 hours ago, Moondustesp said:

Thats is stunning Del nice buy. I like that alot.  Just about to receive (I am ashamed to say) my first Seiko.  Nowhere near as good as yours but I still can’t wait :woo:Enjoy it shes a beauty :notworthy:

Thanks. :)

Hope you enjoy your’s too when it arrives. :thumbsup2:

Moondustesp

I will I’m sure

andyboy

Looks great Del.

I am surprised it arrived so quickly, looking forward to the proper photo shoot.

:thumbsup:

Del
3 minutes ago, andyboy said:

Looks great Del.

I am surprised it arrived so quickly, looking forward to the proper photo shoot.

:thumbsup:

Thanks mate. I was surprised too!

WatchDog21

I love the watch but they usually run a bit smaller than I like.  With that said it looks like a great fit on your wrist so I am wondering, what is the lug to lug?

Congrats on a great new watch! 

MAJ75

Beautiful watch Del.

I loved mine & really miss it, the quality is excellent.

On balance I preferred it on a leather strap (brown or black) but as you say the bracelet is pretty good too........

Here is mine just for posterity..........

SARB3.jpg

Del
13 hours ago, WatchDog21 said:

I love the watch but they usually run a bit smaller than I like.  With that said it looks like a great fit on your wrist so I am wondering, what is the lug to lug?

Congrats on a great new watch! 

Thanks.  I was slightly concerned about the 38mm case size but actually it suits the watch perfectly. Lug to lug is about 45mm.

12 hours ago, MAJ75 said:

Beautiful watch Del.

I loved mine & really miss it, the quality is excellent.

On balance I preferred it on a leather strap (brown or black) but as you say the bracelet is pretty good too........

Here is mine just for posterity..........

Thanks - lovely pic!

I like it on brown leather too but I'll be sticking with the bracelet for now.

rikracy

Congrats Del......Great watch buddy!........and an awesome price too boot!!!

Enjoy!

Del
Congrats Del......Great watch buddy!........and an awesome price too boot!!!
Enjoy!

Thanks mate. :thumbsup2:

Zooha

those hands are stunning, great watch! 

Thang

Very nice watch. I love these Seiko.

MA123

Nice! I own one - its a lot of watch for the price.  Fantastic peice.  Seiko in-house movement. 

However after falling in love with it initially, it no longer gets much wrist time...... so might be landing on m2m soon if there are any takers on here!

splke
37 minutes ago, MA123 said:

Nice! I own one - its a lot of watch for the price.  Fantastic peice.  Seiko in-house movement. 

However after falling in love with it initially, it no longer gets much wrist time...... so might be landing on m2m soon if there are any takers on here!

there will be plenty of takers bud absolutely queuing up for these stunners