Sign in to follow this  
psantos1091

How do I tighten a rotor? Accuracy software?

psantos1091

I have a Seiko with a loose rotor. There's a display back so I know that's what it is. I have a repair kit from Amazon but I'm not sure what tool to use. It looks like I need a flathead? Do I just turn it "righty tighty"? 

Second question.. is there any software you recommend to download that checks the accuracy of a watch? I've been using an app but it doesn't work well enough for me to feel confident in adjusting my watches just yet..... Thanks folks

edwinowl

Well firstly yes. Just tighten the screw use a flat head driver and feel for the nip. 

Secondly try old school first. Make a note of mins lost over 12 and 24 hrs in different positions  ie face up  face down and on its side, laborious but worth it  

you can use apps like kelloo but they're hit and miss, failing that a watch smith  

Leslie

What does “loose rotor” mean?  The rotating weight turns too easily? Or, it is not fastened tight by a screw?

TRANSPORTER

Loose rotor, generally means it rattles ie the bearings aren't doing their job correctly, bit like my 7002-7001,  I really should get a replacement but haven't got round to it yet (5 years )