RepGuy

Omega Planet Ocean Master Chronometer

RepGuy

This arrived yesterday from a TD next door and I snapped a few shots that night. After getting some wrist time today, my general thoughts are it's a great rep even with it's shortcomings. The model I received was updated from the model shown on the TD's site, which was a welcome change due to the updated spacing in the bezel rubber, as well as updated back lug engraving from the old "Stainless Steel" wording, to the correct "Titanium" one.

Its a large watch, coming in at 45.5mm, but fits well with the lug shape and the thickness is similar to other large diameter watches. Case engravings are crisp, and the orange bezel rubber is clean and fills in well compared to the gen. The movement decoration has all wording spelled correctly (which was an issue with past models), and looks the part, even though it will rarely be seen. The bracelet is hefty and feels secure when locked down, and the engravings on it are similarly crisp like in the case. The multi colored lume is average for a rep, but looks to be applied cleanly and evenly.

The grey dial looks as good as it did in the promo pictures, but lacks the luster compared to when I tried on the gen in an AD. For a rep, this is acceptable, and expected due to the different dial materials used between the gen and rep. All dial markers are even and, aside from the slightly misaligned chrono hand, everything lines up perfectly. The chrono also works perfectly, due to accidental hitting the pusher when adjusting the bracelet upon arrival, which ran for several minutes without issue. This model also features the black balance wheel as per gen, as well as a functioning minute/second combined subdial as per gen. Although this feature won't get much (if any) use, it's nice to have something more mechanically similar to the gen.

CA7kLD.jpg

6NN6Oj.jpg

odqC4n.jpg

uCNIWP.jpg

kIJ0Kj.jpg

rmncTi.jpg

z5lfp9.jpg

matty1938

I love Omega lol, need to snap up a rep until I can buy another gen....or just loads of reps lol 

raevyn00

Beautiful. My po from m2m just got here too.

Breitlingfan83

Love This! I have never seen this model. Do you have a link to where you sourced it from?

Khronos
55 minutes ago, Breitlingfan83 said:

Love This! I have never seen this model. Do you have a link to where you sourced it from?

Every TD can get you one. 

sunnydale

If only this would be titanium like gen...

RitchES
On 12/22/2017 at 01:40, Khronos said:

Every TD can get you one. 

Sorry im new to this forum but what does "TD" mean? Thank you.

Khronos
36 minutes ago, RitchES said:

Sorry im new to this forum but what does "TD" mean? Thank you.

TD means trusted dealer. You have a list of these fine people on the front page.

RitchES
On 12/29/2017 at 02:01, Khronos said:

TD means trusted dealer. You have a list of these fine people on the front page.

Thank you, sir!

Luxuracer
On 10/14/2017 at 23:19, RepGuy said:

This model also features the black balance wheel as per gen, as well as a functioning minute/second combined subdial as per gen. Although this feature won't get much (if any) use, it's nice to have something more mechanically similar to the gen.

CA7kLD.jpg

You made me ... want to get one!

Very nice detail.

childishthing

This looks stunning. I'm currently saving up for the gen, and these are so darn tempting (but I must not give in).

Edkorante

Amazing!! This was my first rep purchase and I am super looking forward to receiving it .

Enjoy!!

Yarn

Gorgeous. I have been looking for a really nice rep for precisely this model.
Repguy, which factory made this rep?  Is it BP (my guess) or Noob? 

Enjoy one of the easily best Omega's around (IMHO of course ...)

KayGee

How is the bracelet?  Usually that is the weak link on large reps like this one. 

Nexus9

Hey Buddy,

I know its been a while since you received this watch, and the pics are very helpful.  I believe only OM and JH are making this style, do you know who made this watch?

Thanks

donkacper
This arrived yesterday from a TD next door and I snapped a few shots that night. After getting some wrist time today, my general thoughts are it's a great rep even with it's shortcomings. The model I received was updated from the model shown on the TD's site, which was a welcome change due to the updated spacing in the bezel rubber, as well as updated back lug engraving from the old "Stainless Steel" wording, to the correct "Titanium" one.
Its a large watch, coming in at 45.5mm, but fits well with the lug shape and the thickness is similar to other large diameter watches. Case engravings are crisp, and the orange bezel rubber is clean and fills in well compared to the gen. The movement decoration has all wording spelled correctly (which was an issue with past models), and looks the part, even though it will rarely be seen. The bracelet is hefty and feels secure when locked down, and the engravings on it are similarly crisp like in the case. The multi colored lume is average for a rep, but looks to be applied cleanly and evenly.
The grey dial looks as good as it did in the promo pictures, but lacks the luster compared to when I tried on the gen in an AD. For a rep, this is acceptable, and expected due to the different dial materials used between the gen and rep. All dial markers are even and, aside from the slightly misaligned chrono hand, everything lines up perfectly. The chrono also works perfectly, due to accidental hitting the pusher when adjusting the bracelet upon arrival, which ran for several minutes without issue. This model also features the black balance wheel as per gen, as well as a functioning minute/second combined subdial as per gen. Although this feature won't get much (if any) use, it's nice to have something more mechanically similar to the gen.
CA7kLD.jpg
6NN6Oj.jpg
odqC4n.jpg
uCNIWP.jpg
kIJ0Kj.jpg
rmncTi.jpg
z5lfp9.jpg

Hey, great looking watch, I will definitely get one as well, I take it this is the V2 version from OM?

Wysłane z mojego BBB100-2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

dwagner309
On 2/7/2018 at 06:19, Nexus9 said:

Hey Buddy,

I know its been a while since you received this watch, and the pics are very helpful.  I believe only OM and JH are making this style, do you know who made this watch?

Thanks

How do you find out who made the watch you get?

narikaa
6 minutes ago, dwagner309 said:

Every once in a while the sweatshop child assemblers

rebel against their masters and clandestinely study during their three hours rest time

and if they survive long enough to learn by candlelight how to scribe their given name

you may find

hidden within the deep internals of the watch

the sad pathetic scratched embodiment of their name

maybe even a hair or some other poignant keepsake

;)

dwagner309

I was looking to find the factory name, but I guess I can strip it down and look for the child laborers signature on the back of the winding rotor.....

Mr_B
36 minutes ago, dwagner309 said:

I was looking to find the factory name, but I guess I can strip it down and look for the child laborers signature on the back of the winding rotor.....

DNA test on a rogue pube found in the movement 

narikaa

Pubes are misleading

as these are generally the result of visiting catholic priests

and their perverse proselytising to the children

;)

Nexus9
11 hours ago, dwagner309 said:

Hahaha......    Orrrrr.... some watch models are only manufactured by a few factories, and our TRUSTED dealers will often list the factory in the description.  Some folks actually develop a preference and look for a watch by a certain factory.  Some watch reps actually have a reputation for buying certain models and modifying the weak points into a better watch. 

Many different sources, and some have a better reputation for consistency, so when you see a nice looking rep, it's useful to know where it came from.  Along with the pubes.  :fear:

BadApple

I see this has the thick orange paint texture on the bezel unlike the gen. 

For some reason all rep the factories seem to get this so wrong. I have an Omega from Reg that seems to have cracked this issue - see below.

Otherwise that is a beautiful watch.

20180222_192325.jpg

Gen:

7f0de20f7e7b6cde52c6ca23fd791543.jpg

Luxuracer
13 minutes ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

I see this has the thick orange paint texture on the bezel unlike the gen. 

For some reason all rep the factories seem to get this so wrong. I have an Omega from Reg that seems to have cracked this issue - see below.

Otherwise that is a beautiful watch.

20180222_192325.jpg

Gen:

7f0de20f7e7b6cde52c6ca23fd791543.jpg

Actually on the Omega from Reg it might look "good" but it's completely wrong. On the gen Omega, it's NOT paint. It's a very uniform layer of orange rubber filled the engraved area from 12-3.

On the replica, they tried to duplicate that orange rubber layer.

Nexus9

Huh.  How is that wrong?  It looks more like the gen to me than the paint.

I've actually written to Reg about this very watch, but, middle of the holidays- not expecting a response for another week or so.