Sign in to follow this  
gwkiw

Contemplating my first Patek purchase

gwkiw

Hi folks, as my rep collection grows I'm contemplating my first Patek  Philippe purchase.  My collection passion is to not focus on multiples of a particular model  (okay,  maybe with the exception of my 2 Breitling EVO's) or brand as I admire many various Swiss watch manufactures  for their many styles.   So I am currently working towards acquiring  a couple of models I admire from  each  of my favorite manufactures.   Currently I have  2 Breitling Evolutions,  and Omega RG Planet Ocean,  2  AP 15400's ,  and 1 Panerai PAM684.   My wrist size limits me to 42mm max ,  and I  prefer both SS/SS,  SS/YG, and  RG/LE combinations .  My next purchase I wanted a watch with a Venus hand wind and was drifting towards an Omega Speedmaster.    I really wanted an open back to show the Venus movement  and the SS/SS speedy versions that come open back  don't really grab me.  That and the sub dial spacing issues.  

A fellow rep addict suggested I check out some PP options .  That's when I came across these  5070P reps with Venus movement.   They are simply an awesome looking watch.  Ideal size for me at 42mm.  And the gen is a hand wind open back so the Venus  movement is a perfect option for this rep. 

I specifically am looking at the PP0194A - Classic 5070P Chrono RG/LE Gray Venue 75. The TT link is as follows.   I really like this gray dial option as I already have some Black/blue/white dial reps. 

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_202&products_id=15182

One thing I notice comparing to the gen the cropped digits next to the  sub dials are not exactly cropped  the same on the rep.  Not a decision stopper as I am still cranked on the look of this watch.  

I  figured I would get the opinion of some seasoned PP rep collectors on this rep option. 

I heard the blue dial option is not quite right but I wasn't after that color anyway.   What factory are these from?

Thanks in advance for any advice etc. on these 5070P's

gwkiw

Hello........ hello..........:baghead:

There must be some PP fanatics that have one of these 5070P reps out there. 

Just put down your Nautilus's for a couple of minutes (lol) and drop me some comments.  I know it's an older style of PP options and are probably not as popular as of late but I really like some of these classics.  :beer3:

gwkiw

I found DC's 2016 review of the 5070.  Too bad the photobucket crap has eliminated the pictures.   I would really have enjoyed going through them now. Excellant review.  The history of the watch was very informative.  I'm definitely buying one soon.  Even with the sub dial discrepancies it is simply a classic PP that I have to have.