Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

Fate is trying to stop me from being a hypocrite!!

_DC_

So my hatred for AP ROOs is pretty well documented, and I still dislike the overwhelming majority of them with a passion.... BUT!

I have developed a fondness for the Forged Carbon Diver, which really isn't a proper Offshore is it... right? Ok, so it literally says Offshore on the back, I know I know, but it's not all huge and horrendous like the chronos!!

Anyway, the Forged Carbon is the bit that I like, my penchant for Richard Mille has got me into alternate materials and really like the idea of it. So I pulled the trigger towards the end of last month, paid my money, and waited.

And I'm still waiting, it appears they are out of stock and the next batch haven't yet been produced yet!

Is this fates way of telling me I shouldn't buy one?! I've considered asking for something else instead but I always deliberate over a watch for ages before pulling the trigger, so I'm pretty emotionally invested already... what to do?!

Anyone who owns one want to chime in with how awesome or not theirs is?!

DC

Left Coast Guy

Its a SUPER freaking awesome watch!! I do like me some APs, but among the APs, the FC ROO is BY FAR the most wearable. With the FC, its super light, so even though its got that larger APROO case dimension, it doesn't wear nearly as large. Then with the rubber strap, it wears super comfortable too; the AP rubber strap has a bit of flex to it, so it wears a little stretchier than other brands, IMHO.  But even with the rubber, it does well as a dress watch too -- like sometimes the rubber on a Breitling makes it look a little less acceptable in a suit, but I think the black on black look of FC ROO and the textured pattern of the AP rubber gives it a different, more dressed-up feel. Since you're a Patek guy, I'd compare it the Aquanaut, where it actually makes the rubber look dressy. 

Long and short, if I ever did have to trim down the collection the FC is one that would stay.  

BadPickle

:ttiwwop: 

tommylad

Personally, I think it's disgusting but, like you, I have never understood the passion for the various ROO iterations. They're footballers' watches and that says it all for me...

13oots2
48 minutes ago, tommylad said:

Personally, I think it's disgusting but, like you, I have never understood the passion for the various ROO iterations. They're footballers' watches and that says it all for me...

I thought footballers watches were Hu Blot

wolfwood

Yanks' football that is!  :baby:

Jibuti

cannnot help you with opinion DC, still hate APs....

tommylad
1 hour ago, 13oots2 said:

I thought footballers watches were Hu Blot

They wear these too. If it's big and garish, they seem to wear them.

narikaa

0229.png?raw=1    0342.png?raw=1   0404.png?raw=1   0449.png?raw=1   0542.png?raw=1

Piccolo

Had one a while back - really liked it, sold it.  So when you eventually get yours...let me know when you flip it  :)

Monkey_Business

You should buy a ROO, and I should buy a DHGate-watch. Then we both get to challenge ourselves :)

_DC_
19 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:ttiwwop: 

Can't post pics of something I haven't been able to buy yet PB, haha!

But if you want pics, here's a hilarious Koala meme to tide you over (note that hilarious is a very subjective term)...

IMG_8258.jpg

DC