lukeas123456

Going Gen but is it 16613 or 116613

lukeas123456

Gents,

With much thinking I've decided I'm going gen I'm this one as the watch in either version is a stunner. I just need some help choosing which one would you guys go for. I'm aware they upgraded to a ceramic bezel and changed the perl and crown guards on the new 116613 but as far as I know it still uses the 3135 movmnt. 

Help me pic guys. Anyone who has a gen can they offer there views and some pictures too :D

Cheers

Luke

splke

difference is about a grand

buy neither you have a mrs !

lukeas123456
9 minutes ago, splke said:

difference is about a grand

buy neither you have a mrs !

It's okay I'll tell her it's a Rep until she decides to sell it!

Ratubbs

16613 for sure !
Pretty much my grail Rolex (that I could feasibly afford) the EverRose Skydweller is simply a fantasy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undinist

Choosing between those two is tricky, but  a nice problem to have! You've probably seen this but just in case you haven't:  http://www.luxurytyme.com/116613/ttsubcomparison.html  I don't have a gen but I do have a rep gold 6 digit sub and used to have a gen 5 digit steel sub, and my opinion FWIW is that the maxi dial is a mistake, the 5 minute markers are so big that they overwhelm the design, so go for the 16613 because it's a design classic which hasn't been messed with.

Piccolo

I've had a 16613,  and am in the process of persuading my mate to sell it back to me.  For me,  the older version wins.  But...he is only selling it as he wants to get the newer version so it's definitely a personal preference/style thing.

Either way it's a good choice.  Try them both on, they feel and look quite different on the wrist.

lukeas123456

I think after careful consideration I'm going with the 16613 I just have to find the right one now :D