boshadow

Total noob to reps. Buying question

boshadow

Hello,

I'm a total noob to replica watches and I know very little about it to be honest. If this is the wrong section to post this in, my apologies.

Was looking around for a nice watch on TrustyTime, and I came across this one: Big Bang Black Ceramic Ice Bang Limited Ed 7750 28800. I searched around for info about thi 7750 28800bhp movement and it seems to be fairly reliable (seeing its still a clone of the Swiss movement after all).

Now I got a couple of questions regarding this watch:
1. Do all the subdials actually function or are they just for show? In the description it also says: "Running Secs at 9.00 subdials". What does this actually mean?
2. I wear watches occasionally instead of every day. Is it bad for the accuracy/functionality of the movement that I would wind it up when I want to wear it, and then after the day take it off and wind it up again the next time I want to wear it? Or is it best to put the watch in a watch winder case?
3. In the description it says: "DATE: 4.30". I feel really retarded for asking but... What does this mean?

Also is this an actual gen model?

Thanks in advance for taking your time to read this, and hopefully someone can help me out :).

Regards

Edited by boshadow

splke

Hi and welcome

Don't think it's a fantasy model 

Date window is between 4 and 5 on dial 

All subdials do work yes secs @ 9 mean the movement has been modified so the second hand is at the sub dial at the 9 o'clock position.

Word of warning don't hand wind this movement it is not happy with that just a fee swirls prior to wearing should give it the start it needs. No need for auto winder either. Best not to rum the chrono as this can lead to problems with this delicate movement. 

Enjoy the watch not the wait oh and have a word with your taste buds hublot? Really :Sick:

BadApple

If the dials didn't work it would say Faux Chrono - seconds dial at 9 O'Clock position

Wind it up when it stops

Date is between four and five or 4:30

here is original:

hublot-big-bang-ice-bang-18404-077.jpg

black263
13 minutes ago, splke said:

Hi and welcome

Don't think it's a fantasy model 

Date window is between 4 and 5 on dial 

All subdials do work yes secs @ 9 mean the movement has been modified so the second hand is at the sub dial at the 9 o'clock position.

Word of warning don't hand wind this movement it is not happy with that just a fee swirls prior to wearing should give it the start it needs. No need for auto winder either. Best not to rum the chrono as this can lead to problems with this delicate movement. 

Enjoy the watch not the wait oh and have a word with your taste buds hublot? Really :Sick:

Surely the 7750 has the secs @ 9 as its  native position, so hasn't needed modification.  I've always considered secs @ 9 to be the most reliable.

Edge22

Welcome onboard!

You could benefit from reading this section - 

In there, you will find topics about the 7750 movement incl. do's and dont's regarding this specific movement.

boshadow

I see I see, thanks everyone for this information :). Appreciate it!

So is this truly one of the best reps there are atm to come close to a gen? Seeing how the description contains "Ice Bang Limited Edition, This is the Best V1 Version !!" and "This range of Replicas is the best there is".

I dont know alot about these versions but I did read something about v6 being closest to a gen?

1 hour ago, splke said:

have a word with your taste buds hublot? Really :Sick:

Yeaaa, I've noticed alot of people not really being a fan of hublot designs haha

andyboy

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

black263

Advertising bullshit.  Every watch that comes out is the Ultimate, Best Version, 1:1 A+++.  Otherwise why would you buy it.  Read the reviews, and decide if it's a good enough watch for the price.  Personally, I couldn't give a rat's arse how close a rep is to the original.  If I like the look of the rep as a watch in its own right, that's good enough for me. One of my favourites WAS a fantasy AP.  The watch didn't exist in the gen catalogue, but was available from the TDs.  I say, was a fantasy, because the rep was so nice, AP have now copied it.  Sadly, the gen has a number of tells as the copying wasn't well done, so I'll stick to the original.

SliceMaster
1 hour ago, black263 said:

The watch didn't exist in the gen catalogue, but was available from the TDs.  I say, was a fantasy, because the rep was so nice, AP have now copied it.  Sadly, the gen has a number of tells as the copying wasn't well done, so I'll stick to the original.

:hyenas: