Awesomeo

Tudor Pelagos KW/V6F V3 - Black

Awesomeo

I'm not very active on RWG - mostly I hang out on RWI - and I've just realised there's a dedicated section for reviews. I've previously been posting these under the vendors that supplied them, but I figure they are better suited here.

Up for review today is the Tudor Pelagos V3 by V6F/KW/Whatever other moniker the factory has gone by (I find it all very confusing!). I don't see this advertised at every TD, however I picked this piece up from Perfect Clones.

From what I can tell there aren't any major differences between the V3 and V2 - the V3 claims to have upgraded brushing on the case and bracelet, but it's very hard when comparing photos alone. I'll mostly be covering details about the case finishing, as there are plenty of Pelagos photos in the wild showing the beautiful dial.

Overview

SSgx8WB.jpg

The watch is simply gorgeous. I've looked at hundreds of photos, but I was still surprised on opening at how nice it is in the flesh. I was a bit concerned about the angles of some of the markers on my QC, but it's very hard to discern with a naked eye. On macro photos, you can see the some of the angled markers are off angle by a couple of degrees, perhaps most noticeable to me on marker #7. The date text has a gentle gloss to it that catches the light nicely. All font is printed centrally and clearly.

n2J0mLO.jpg

The SEL is evenly flushed on both sides, with a clear difference between brushing on the SEL - which is more of a dark satin effect - and the casing.

1BTvViy.jpg

The Gas Escape Valve also has a nice contrast between finishes, with a circular brush underneath the text, and an angled coarse brush on the centre of the valve. The brushing along the side of the case runs horizontally, paralell to the dial. The engraving is crisp and uniform. I think this has been upgraded from the V2 - I did see chatter of the valve on V6F's iteration being inferior to ZF, but from photos it looks much better on the current version.

7aUDd0g.jpg
Q3HvcY2.jpg

The chamfered edge joining the edge side to the dial side has a unique brushing pattern that creates definition in daylight - a very cool touch.

lnIp9vd.jpg

The crown feels robust, the Tudor logo protrudes by a slither of a mm making it clearly visible wrist-face-on. There is a very subtle indentation along the circumference of the crown face, creating a nice mix of depths that highlights the outer indentation work nicely. The (fluting?) around the crown is uniform and very well executed. The brushing on the crown guards meets along a central line, accentuating the guard's peaks.

ocZstvl.jpg

The bezel has a nice action to it, and a satisfying - albeit somewhat anemic - click. A far cry from the gen rolex bezels I've played with, but better than many reps! It's not as satisfying as the Black Bay bezel, but it's much easier to turn. I'm not sure if it's just my imagination, or the camera differences between photos, but the bezel font/markings may be slightly bolder.

dtueGlz.jpg

Bracelet

The bracelet is very soft to the touch and has a number of brush patterns. The surface is quite polished compared to the case, making it slightly stand out in standard lighting conditions. I'm not sure about the brushing on the V2, so if anyone has any photo's to share I can mock up a side-by-side to see if the V3 claims are true.

fX6T7OB.jpg
ibYr3qt.jpg
MSGeznp.jpg

The microadjustment bracelet is functional, and works very well. There are three static length options which can be adjusted in a few seconds, and a spring-loaded expandable option. The spring allows a small range of expansion and contraction,and provides a firm but comfortable grip on your wrist.

nf9JpJB.jpg

Lume + Markers

The hour markers have a 'pillowcase' like shape, and have a fairly substantial height in three dimensional space. They are a known area of contention on QC, many people want to double check on the alignment. Honestly, the space between the recesses and markers are in the tenths of a MM - you won't notice any alignment issues without a loupe!

G4X6Lzf.jpg

hxCGIlS.jpg

The lume is strong - even without intentional charging - and is a cool, electric blue colour at high excitation level, which takes on a weaker almost green hue under low excitation. One photo is taken under long exposure (see blurred seconds hand) which is closer to what it looks like with your naked eye. At 'high charge' it lasts around 3-5 minutes, with residual charge lasting another 3 hours. Several hours after that there is a very faint glow in pitch black.

TnFCzDm.jpg
QF1mvQK.jpg

Conclusion

Overall I'm thoroughly impressed at the quality and overall finish of this replica. For the price it is an absolute bargain! I'd give this a 9.8/10 - if the text were more three dimensional, and the pinion was updated it'd be a 10!

For those who don't know, the gen pinion has a shiny centre to it, and is one of the quickest tells if you know what you're looking for:

IMT5SiJ.jpg

Edited by Awesomeo

Nikosaldente

Again, one more awesome review from Awesomeo!

Well done mate!

splke

excellent review sir

BadApple

I've the Blue one - it is as awesome as Awesomeo makes out. 

Another little known tell tale between rep and gen is that the bezzle clicks at a different tone of click at the 12 position - the reps don't. 

Nikosaldente
11 minutes ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

I've the Blue one - it is as awesome as Awesomeo makes out. 

Another little known tell tale between rep and gen is that the bezzle clicks at a different tone of click at the 12 position - the reps don't. 

I've read that Tudor wanted their Bezel to resemble the clicking/rotation of a Swiss Safe!

Interesting info BADAPPLE12!

edwinowl

That's a great review bro with some amazing pics, this is the rep I could 'go over the side for' so tempting, i'm a gen man now but this is :Applause:

JohnCocktoastin

Awesome review, Awesomeo.  Now can you just slide this up my anus there?

Awesomeo.jpg

Awesome review, Awesomeo.  Now can you just slide this up my anus there?

Awesomeo.jpg

y_casa

How much money did you lost on this one?

Awesomeo

Thanks for the kind words all! But I’m not going near anyone’s anus...

4 minutes ago, y_casa said:

Watch is $318 if that’s what you’re asking?

y_casa
16 minutes ago, Awesomeo said:

Watch is $318 if that’s what you’re asking?

Great price! Enjoy your new beauty :)

JohnCocktoastin
14 minutes ago, Awesomeo said:

Well, can you at least pitch us your ideas for the next Adam Sandler movies?

k4jun

Looks like a nice review and a good reading. I am too drunk to do it now but posting this as the anchor for tomorrow.

edwinowl
1 hour ago, y_casa said:

WTF is that supposed to mean ?? 

BadPickle
19 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

:rofl:

y_casa
1 hour ago, edwinowl said:

WTF do you care?

McGilli

Superb photos! Pictures make or break reviews for me - and yours show exactly what you're saying. Nice!

markluge

Thanks for this review - great detail. It has swayed me to buy the black over the blue...order going in now

jmelv28

What a stunning dial!

Awesomeo

I think in general black dials make better every day watches - which is exactly what the Pelagos excels at.

Not that the blue isn’t also a great piece, but perhaps more situational than a tool watch should be. 

Raziel
I think in general black dials make better every day watches - which is exactly what the Pelagos excels at.

Not that the blue isn’t also a great piece, but perhaps more situational than a tool watch should be. 
I agree, a tool watch should be worn on most occasions, and not depending on what else you are wearing. But the blue could go as a backup choice if you already own the black.

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A5000 med Tapatalk

jonhcox

I've got a ZF V2 out for delivery today from a M2M sale. Super excited. I've been lucky enough to grab some very good reps over the years and I've heard a lot of good chatter about the Pelagos series and both ZF and V6F. Thank you for your time, photos, and review. 

DixieDynamite

Thanks for the review. Really great and informative. The Pelagos is one I keep coming back to, over and over...

As an aside, I remember seeing this in a couple places on different forums: the bezel insert was wearing off or peeling. Does anyone know if that's a thing of the past, like maybe a defect with an older generation Pelagos? I also have a vague recollection that it was happening with the ZF brand, though I'm not sure.

jking92

It's beautiful! I have just placed an order for the LHD version, can't wait to see it and hopefully the quality is the same!

petrescualex

Really good review. I've been eyeballing the pelagos for a really long time. I just orderd one from toro this week. Shold have done it sooner.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Chixisigma

Fairly new to this game...I just read that the Pelagos is considered a super rep NWBIG and it's certainly a beautiful looking watch. Can anyone give advice on which factory and/or V to go for? It seems like a few of the posters here have chosen different models?

Cheers,

Chi