codystern

Automatic Movement in an EGI

codystern

Does anyone know of a member who has or would be willing to put an automatic moment into a 60mm EGI?

I'm sure that the spacing of the second dial could be a bit of an issue as its further away from center than most models.

I know I don't have the skill.

I just love my SS EGI, but would love it even more if it was a high beat automatic movement instead of handwind.   Its a pain to wind as the crown guard is thick and you basically have to take it off to wind it unless you wanna spend all day doing it!

SteveA

Try Rolie

codystern

Thanks SteveA, I'll reach out to him.  Cheers!

BadPickle
12 hours ago, codystern said:

Does anyone know of a member who has or would be willing to put an automatic moment into a 60mm EGI?

I'm sure that the spacing of the second dial could be a bit of an issue as its further away from center than most models.

I know I don't have the skill.

I just love my SS EGI, but would love it even more if it was a high beat automatic movement instead of handwind.   Its a pain to wind as the crown guard is thick and you basically have to take it off to wind it unless you wanna spend all day doing it!

That’s a major operation pal, if indeed the movement will fit inside the case, plus the hands won’t fit on a different movement,  if the egi has small secs @9 the spacing for an auto will be different so a new dial  may be required etc..... 

maybe check these out on the TD list to see if they do a 21j version 

http://www.militarytimewatch.com/new/

ROLIE
5 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

That’s a major operation pal, if indeed the movement will fit inside the case, plus the hands won’t fit on a different movement,  if the egi has small secs @9 the spacing for an auto will be different so a new dial  may be required etc..... 

maybe check these out on the TD list to see if they do a 21j version 

http://www.militarytimewatch.com/new/

Exactly as pickle says it would be a major operation that would most likely cost a small fortune to do with little or no gains .

PS . Pickle can you cover my overflow ............

codystern

I figured as much.  But I'm determined.  I'm sure someone out there can do it.  Ha

Its just not functional when its that difficult to wind.  It needs to be an auto.

BadPickle
5 hours ago, codystern said:

I figured as much.  But I'm determined.  I'm sure someone out there can do it.  Ha

Its just not functional when its that difficult to wind.  It needs to be an auto.

homage forum is the only place you'll find someone to do that for you, search member 'kpoy' he does some radical builds