RepGuy

Strap or No Strap? Omega Chronograph

Strap or Bracelet  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Strap or Bracelet

• Strap
    • Bracelet

RepGuy

After some part swapping, and around an hour of frustrating work with removing and re-fitting the springbars, I have finally replaced the bracelet for a strap. This wouldn't have been possible without a generous donation from @Daffy of a strap and deployment buckle, which allowed me to transplant the buckle onto a strap I ordered next door. What do you guys think between the two? Ideally, I could swap between the two frequently depending on what I wanted that day, but with the hour I just spent doing so this time, I can't see this happening too often.

QDwpRs.jpg

ZcSzg9.jpg

nj6fwC.jpg

yr8zo6.jpg

FVh3cA.jpg

lipbos

Those Omega straps can be a real bitch, I gave up years ago and just stick to the steel :bitch:

Kernow

I prefer the look of the bracelet. I have a few older model Seamaster Chrono and a mixture of leather straps and metal bracelets. (Bracelets win 5:2 though!)

Thommo82

I love the straps on these. I'm sure you have a bunch of watches on bracelets right?

I like to have a mix of steel, leather, rubber etc 

narikaa

The 'trick' with the strap fit is usually to 'mount' it to the case lugs @ 90degrees to the watch (strap trailing down and away from the face)

Then supporting the spring bar between thumb n forefinger rotate into place.

But with that one you'd be better with the bracelet as it seems to be seeping dye all over your wrist

;)

SuperbMonster

I love the rubber straps on these Omegas, they really make the watch stand out.

Agree changing is a PITA

NFleischer

I like the color combination with straps in this case. However if the dye is bleeding, stick to the SS.

RepGuy
35 minutes ago, NFleischer said:

I like the color combination with straps in this case. However if the dye is bleeding, stick to the SS.

I appreciate the input, but I think you misunderstood what Reg was referring to. The dye isn't bleeding, he was talking about my tattoos.

8 hours ago, narikaa said:

The 'trick' with the strap fit is usually to 'mount' it to the case lugs @ 90degrees to the watch (strap trailing down and away from the face)

Then supporting the spring bar between thumb n forefinger rotate into place.

But with that one you'd be better with the bracelet as it seems to be seeping dye all over your wrist

;)

Thanks for the tip... this strap change was a pain in the ass, so I'll try that next time.