Coopdog

First Replica - Rolex Yachtmaster Cerachrome/RG

Mxar5810

I was never a fan of the rubber straps but I am really liking the combo!

Rjw252

Thanks for the entertaining topic and congrats on the watch Coop.  Been interested in this as well. 

McGilli

One of the few threads that made me LOL good stuff. That's a nice looking watch. Glad it worked out so fast for you, Enjoy!

Mike R
On 10/23/2017 at 23:29, Coopdog said:

@memogelc

IMG_2402.jpg

i only have an iPhone camera so that's as good as I can do. Since the yachtmaster has a very clean dial I think they did a great job bc there isn't much font to copy. I can't see anything obvious that's wrong. 

Coopdog, that’s a nice looking watch. I usually usually prefer stainless steel but that rose gold and black ceramic and strap combo have me rethinking. It’s been a couple weeks now, how is she behaving?

Coopdog

Hey just saw this, sorry for the late reply. 

1 - keeps really good time. Haven’t worn it long enough to test seconds +/- per day, but generally it has been accurate. 

2 - the look is spot on. A friend of mine briefly owned the genuine version of this watch and he couldn’t tell the difference looking at it on my wrist. 

3. The bezel rotation is too loose and it’s honestly annoying. 

Hope thats helpful. I too prefer stainless, which is why I bought this rep. Not going to spend 25k on a watch I want to wear 3 times a months. But because of that I can’t give great info on reliability.  

GenTLe

Reliability is mainly a matter of luck. Asian 2836 (and in general the ETA clones, whenever they are 2892, 2824, 2834 etc) are produced by more than a movement factory, with the best one (in my view) being Sea-Gull.

The other factories (those of the movements) can be good or less but it isn't up to the rep factories to deeply test them, hence the possibility to have, for the same watch produced by the same rep factory, different behaviours/performances when it comes to the movement.

In any case all of them can be tuned to be decent timekeepers (for me decent means less than 5 sec//day deviation) and if the balance wheel is well balanced and built, even to have COSC performance, especially after a service.