etj4588

Dtime

etj4588

Hi guys,

I was doing some research on the various factories in China and came across the Dtime website that seemed to have good information in their blog on what brands were the best from each factory.  I then took a look at the website and saw that they carry many of models I'm looking for.  Alas, as far as I know, they are not a TD here.  Considering they seem to be a pretty big outfit, I was wondering why they don't seem to be mentioned anywhere here on RWG (I did a search for dtime and parent company jamgua).

Has anyone dealt with them before?

Thanks

ETJ

Wriggles

If they're not on the list we're not interested. They could be amazing, they could scam the living shit out of everyone....I'm not risking my cash with them, you can if you like, you might have an amazing experience, or you might not. Up to you

Forever baffles me why people come to a forum like this, designed to provide reputable sources and protect people from scammers, and yet look outside the safety net for alternatives...

dadog13

I had one purchase with them. Everything went well with it and I can say I was their happy customer. Bought a JF V7 15703.

Anyhow, there are some threads on other rep forums about them (however they are nowhere listed as TD’s).

The information about rep factories that you’ve seen on their blog is available on all rep forums for quiet some time now, nothing new. They added only the “review” about the new factory making Rolex (AR) which is tought to be JF division for Rolex models..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etj4588
16 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Forever baffles me why people come to a forum like this, designed to provide reputable sources and protect people from scammers, and yet look outside the safety net for alternatives...

Where did I say I was looking outside the forum TDs?  I was simply trying to ascertain if they had been discussed on this forum.  The search function doesn't always work well here on RWG... how was I supposed to know if they had been discussed or were at one time a TD and fallen out of favor?  Jeez.

What baffles me is why senior members of this site are always so condescending to newbies.

Wriggles
5 minutes ago, etj4588 said:

Where did I say I was looking outside the forum TDs?  I was simply trying to ascertain if they had been discussed on this forum.  The search function doesn't always work well here on RWG... how was I supposed to know if they had been discussed or were at one time a TD and fallen out of favor?  Jeez.

What baffles me is why senior members of this site are always so condescending to newbies.

There has been an astounding amount of people who post very similar to this, all say they weren't thinking, all saying they had no intention, and many times it transpires they were just about to purchase or had already done so. You'll get it eventually if you stick around.

What I wrote is what I wrote, it's simply words. You want to make it condescending? Well thats your prerogative if you so wish, or you could just see them for what they were, words on a computer screen on the internet.

As for senior, there is no such thing, I'm here longer and posted more, doesn't make me senior to anyone or anybody, it's just a different moment in time

etj4588
5 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

There has been an astounding amount of people who post very similar to this, all say they weren't thinking, all saying they had no intention, and many times it transpires they were just about to purchase or had already done so. You'll get it eventually if you stick around.

What I wrote is what I wrote, it's simply words. You want to make it condescending? Well thats your prerogative if you so wish, or you could just see them for what they were, words on a computer screen on the internet.

As for senior, there is no such thing, I'm here longer and posted more, doesn't make me senior to anyone or anybody, it's just a different moment in time

Then go fuck yourself.   Just words on a screen right?  lol

Wriggles
11 minutes ago, etj4588 said:

Pretty much, and pretty much the level of intelligent response I expected

omegex
2 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Wholeheartedly agree with you.  The OP would be better off  re reading the New Members area - if he ever read them at all, which I doubt - and start again.

etj4588
17 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Why so offended?  Did my words hurt you?

Wriggles
2 minutes ago, etj4588 said:

Again reading into words something that is not there. Offended? By You? Laughable in the extreme, that would mean you would matter in some even insignificant manner. Which you don't. Not even in the minutest fashion.  Just another blowhard blowin

etj4588
15 minutes ago, omegex said:

Wholeheartedly agree with you.  The OP would be better off  re reading the New Members area - if he ever read them at all, which I doubt - and start again.

To the contrary.  I read all of the rules of the forum.  Tell me exactly which rule I broke?  You can't because I haven't.  I don't like to post much because in all honesty I've seen how newbs are treated here.  Don't get me wrong, I understand that many newbs, mostly in their excitement, don't take the time to read or search first.  I get it. 

Yet, even though I expressly said in my opening... "Alas they are not a TD here"... meaning I had no intention of using them, Mr. Wriggles couldn't wait to jump on my thread, offer no helpful advice, and then cast aspersions on my intent.  Who exactly is in the wrong here?  Maybe the forum rules should be changed to address that fact that if you have nothing constructive to add, don't post.

etj4588
5 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Again reading into words something that is not there. Offended? By You? Laughable in the extreme, that would mean you would matter in some even insignificant manner. Which you don't. Not even in the minutest fashion.  Just another blowhard blowin

The mere fact that you even respond proves otherwise!  Cmon, you know you love me!!  lol

Wriggles
3 minutes ago, etj4588 said:

The mere fact that you even respond proves otherwise!  Cmon, you know you love me!!  lol

Nope. I get a notification if someone quotes a post, I then post a response if I feel it worthwhile, in this case it was to ensure you were correctly informed rather than continue with some delusion or other. This conversation lost its worth back around post number five, and it certainly hasn't been entertaining enough to continue

etj4588
6 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Nope. I get a notification if someone quotes a post, I then post a response if I feel it worthwhile, in this case it was to ensure you were correctly informed rather than continue with some delusion or other. This conversation lost its worth back around post number five, and it certainly hasn't been entertaining enough to continue

And you post... yet again!  I think we will become fast friends!!

Thommo82
12 minutes ago, etj4588 said:

To the contrary.  I read all of the rules of the forum.  Tell me exactly which rule I broke?  You can't because I haven't.  I don't like to post much because in all honesty I've seen how newbs are treated here.  Don't get me wrong, I understand that many newbs, mostly in their excitement, don't take the time to read or search first.  I get it. 

If you 'get it' then you would get it, but you don't...

I was a Newb myself not so long ago and not once did I get treated badly. Only idiots who say/ask stupid shit get bashed, but hey buddy, that's kinda a 'rule' of the Internet. 

Also im just commenting so I get the notifications, cos I like a good laugh 

etj4588
1 minute ago, Thommo82 said:

If you 'get it' then you would get it, but you don't...

I was a Newb myself not so long ago and not once did I get treated badly. Only idiots who say/ask stupid shit get bashed, but hey buddy, that's kinda a 'rule' of the Internet. 

Also im just commenting so I get the notifications, cos I like a good laugh 

Show me exactly what I asked in the OP that was "stupid shit"?  I'd really like to know.

RepGuy
1 hour ago, etj4588 said:

Show me exactly what I asked in the OP that was "stupid shit"?  I'd really like to know.

See below for breakdown of aforementioned stupid shit:

2 hours ago, etj4588 said:

Where did I say I was looking outside the forum TDs?

You literally say you were looking into dealers outside the forum. In fact, you were looking into outside dealers to the point you looked up their "parent company".

To the contrary.  I read all of the rules of the forum.  Tell me exactly which rule I broke?  You can't because I haven't.

True, you didn't break any forum rules, and nobody said otherwise. The thing is, this is the internet, so while I have to smile and deal with combative idiots at work because it pays the bills, I don't have to do so on here, and neither do any other members (unless you want to pay my current salary). Just because you didn't break the rules doesn't mean people have to agree with you.

Yet, even though I expressly said in my opening... "Alas they are not a TD here"... meaning I had no intention of using them, Mr. Wriggles couldn't wait to jump on my thread, offer no helpful advice, and then cast aspersions on my intent. 

Do you know how many new members ask about an untrusted dealer, and then backtrack when told why that's not a good idea?

"Oh, I wasn't going to use them RepGuy, I just spent all this energy checking them out for shits and giggles" (Sure you weren't)

Maybe the forum rules should be changed to address that fact that if you have nothing constructive to add, don't post.

Do you realize what a forum is for? If you want heavily moderated boards, go to ChristianMingle or something similar. If you don't like what other people say, it may be time to take a break from the internet for a while, because people can be mean (gasp!).

I sincerely hope I answered your original question about what stupid shit you posted, as I'm sure many others feel the same way. Also, welcome to the forum :crybaby:

etj4588

RepGuy,,

1.  The parent company's name is all over their website... didn't have to "look it up"

2.  I didn't ask anyone to agree with me on anything.  When did I ask anyone to agree with me?  

3.  Asking about non-TDs.  Let me explain how this came about.  I was researching Chinese factories.  This website came up and I was impressed with the site, the educational aspect, and it's offerings.  My first instinct was to go to RWG and see if they were a TD.   I did not see them listed.  I searched RWG for their name and did not find anything.  But then I thought, some of the TD's information is not always complete on here, maybe this was the website of an RWG TD.  Or maybe, considering how big they appear, that they were at one time a TD and maybe fell out of favor.  So what's a newb to do?  I asked a question.  My apologies.  Won't make that mistake again.

4.  Sorry I didn't know Wriggles was a moderator here.  But I would like you to answer this... what helpful advice did Wriggles offer me?  He and you made an assumption that I - like apparently every other newb - is searching for outside dealers because we want to do business with them.   And then ruminated about why people come here and  don't just take this forum's word for granted.  Yet, in the past, you've had trusted dealers that are no longer trusted.

I think this is a great forum but honestly, I simply asked a question.  One person replied with a constructive comment.  Thank you dadog13.

RepGuy

RepGuy,,

1.  The parent company's name is all over their website... didn't have to "look it up"

2.  I didn't ask anyone to agree with me on anything.  When did I ask anyone to agree with me?  

3.  Asking about non-TDs.  Let me explain how this came about.  I was researching Chinese factories.  This website came up and I was impressed with the site, the educational aspect, and it's offerings.  My first instinct was to go to RWG and see if they were a TD.   I did not see them listed.  I searched RWG for their name and did not find anything.  But then I thought, some of the TD's information is not always complete on here, maybe this was the website of an RWG TD.  Or maybe, considering how big they appear, that they were at one time a TD and maybe fell out of favor.  So what's a newb to do?  I asked a question.  My apologies.  Won't make that mistake again.

4.  Sorry I didn't know Wriggles was a moderator here.  But I would like you to answer this... what helpful advice did Wriggles offer me?  He and you made an assumption that I - like apparently every other newb - is searching for outside dealers because we want to do business with them.   And then ruminated about why people come here and  don't just take this forum's word for granted.  Yet, in the past, you've had trusted dealers that are no longer trusted.

I think this is a great forum but honestly, I simply asked a question.  One person replied with a constructive comment.  Thank you dadog13.

Wriggles isn't a mod, and even if he was, there isn't a requirement to automatically side with a moderator on issues, I just share the same general idea as him in this scenario. If you go to his original response, yes it was blunt, but it wasn't mean or uncalled for. For whatever reason, this led to the below comments, which I consider to be trollish, and childish if I'm being honest:

And you post... yet again!  I think we will become fast friends!!

The great thing is, your comments are entirely fine to post, but tantrums rarely go over well. Either way, you've gotten an answer from another member, so it appears all is good here despite the mean comments from other members.

Thommo82

@RepGuy

Thanks for saying what I didn't have time to say/couldn't be fucked saying

If you run for leader of anything, let me know and I'll vote for you

etj4588
1 hour ago, RepGuy said:

The great thing is, your comments are entirely fine to post, but tantrums rarely go over well. Either way, you've gotten an answer from another member, so it appears all is good here despite the mean comments from other members.

Fair enough.  Thank you.  

mysterio

WTF, Wriggles you were promoted?

To the OP, the mere fact that you couldn't find a thread on dtime or jamgua should have made it clear that they never were a TD here. Even Mark (TSwatch), the last TD to be stripped of the status, will turn up in searches on the site, because he had been a TD. It's not like when the staff erases a TD, all mention of that TD (and his name) disappears. You were wondering why they don't come up in discussions, well because we tend to steer new members to the TDs so that they have a much better and safer experience buying their replicas. Not saying dtime is a bad dealer, as dadog13, who's been  in the hobby for far longer than most, has said, he's had success dealing with them, and probably others, but the TD vetting process is unique to each forum (that's why some TDs here are not on other forums like RWI and vice versa) and it is not given lightly. So there are reasons known only to the people running the site why someone is a TD and another is not.