Sign in to follow this  
Corv99

Decent Tag McQueen Monaco Quest

Corv99

So even though haven't bought watches for a little while as happy with my collection, and indeed now painfully offloading some of my Gems :-(  for car parts...

I have spent years looking for a decent rep of this watch.. weird it seems popular but no real decent reps .. just quartz.. although actually this is an ok watch I have had one before.. sold it on.. but then thought I would replace it..

got into a discussion with RussP offline and it turns out he had a mechanical version which I have never ever even com across before.. not only mechanical so the weight is a bit better on the wrist.. but subdials are a bit more spaced out .. and also slight recess on them..  and a nice face..

so we struck a deal for the watch head, and I then bought a nice Dark Blue Leather strap with red stitching to complement it with a buckle too from Watchstrap world.com

I was then in talks with someone on a Gen dial ... as it does fit, but the datewheel is misaligned .. had thoughts of printing off a bigger datewheel and fitting it maybe..

however when head arrived I really like it a lot! and actually think its not worth the grief of the Gen dial mod ..  maybe some other day! lol

no idea why dealers don't do a good rep of this watch it seems that most people like it! but quartz only.. which I don't have a problem with to be fair..

down sides on this is the subdials are non functioning ( not bothered about that) and second hand doesn't hold at '12' as I assume it has a 21J or similar movement.. again not too bothered about that.. I could always fix it at this position if I really wanted..

so here it is!  thanks to top man RussP for the help and supply of the head!  he did most of the trawling to find this thing, he also has some other nice Tags kicking around.. 

Gen Dial date Wheel issue.. 

image.jpg

Rep with strap and buckle fitted!  .....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita

Very nice mate. I have one of these myself actually on a bracelet. Was one of my very first reps before I even found this place. 

Like you say, don’t know why they don’t rep a decent version of this.

Corv99

is it same as this one mate? I have never ever seen one, or knew it existed!

the quartz is a nice rep..  sub dials are closer together, and non recess but a nice watch..

RussP

Enjoy the watch, Dave.

It took me ages to locate a mechanical version with the correctly placed sub dials.

Never did bother me that the sub-dials don't work............just use the pushers and nobody would know any different.

Glad I could assist.

Russ.

Chiquita Fanjita
On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:16, Corv99 said:

is it same as this one mate? I have never ever seen one, or knew it existed!

the quartz is a nice rep..  sub dials are closer together, and non recess but a nice watch..

Pretty sure it is mate.  I'll dig it out and post a pic up for you :thumbsup2: 

Corv99
On 28 October 2017 at 22:22, RussP said:

Enjoy the watch, Dave.

It took me ages to locate a mechanical version with the correctly placed sub dials.

Never did bother me that the sub-dials don't work............just use the pushers and nobody would know any different.

Glad I could assist.

Russ.

Thanks again Russ... Yes I'm the same sub dials don't bother me either

edwinowl

Good to see you Corv lad. 

Id love a gen Monaco. 

That looks good though lad. 

Heres it's replacement early 70s when they stopped making the Monaco 

fNmvnr.jpg