serious

ARF Daytona landed

serious

Well, after bailing on an AP Diver I switched to the new and purported 904 steel Daytona from ARF having coveted the ceramic bezeled white dialled version since its release.  I am lucky enough to have owned a gen 116520 white dialled Daytona a few years back and so had a good idea of the quality it was trying to match. It landed today and I am impressed by the build quality and the 'feel' of the watch having already come to terms with the non functioning chrono. The weight is good, the bracelet very well made and the dial detail and bezel really unbelievable given you are paying just a fraction of the genuine cost. I'll post a few pics once I get the hang of it but anyone sitting on the fence should, in my humble opinion, give it a try!

Mr_B

:stfu:

splke

shite man ! show us  pics or it didn't happen

Chiquita Fanjita

:ttiwwop:

Midnight

:borg::sofa: waiting on those pics! I definitely prefer the ceramic bezel over the ss just gives it the little bit of contrast to make it that much more beautiful :)

serious

Here you go!

24233910108_bf34d6cc2c_c.jpg

26310033509_e8faa8d529_c.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita

Shitting hell!!!!  That is stunning!  I am going to go for the gold version on the Oysterflex, but I think I need to have this as well.

These ARF models just look so sharp.

stormyboy

Damn --  that is very nice!!  Can't wait to get mine

Explorr

Darn - where did all my money go ... want one, too. Who the hell would be able to tell this one out from 10 inches distance. I am around here for quite some time and done extensive reading but unless I am deaf, dumb and half blind, I couldn't tell right away. Great watch. Enjoy

Pseudonym

Oft!!

serious

Out of the box the bracelet was a little rattly and I thought bloody hell this is light! I weighed it though and it was bang on 132g which was lighter than my old genuine one due mainly to the new ceramic and much lighter bezel. The screws in the links were also as tight as f*ck and even with my bergeon driver were a real git to remove with me wrecking one of the screw heads. Luckily I dropped two links so could easily afford the damaged one. Being at work when I received it I drenched the whole thing with shredder lube and after a good five minutes of moving all the links around and opening up the chrono threads and crown I let it dry down on paper towels before buffing up with a micro fibre. It now feels much, much better and the nasty feel has been replaced by a lovely feel of a well made, lubricated piece of engineering. I haven't buggered about with replacing the rotor as Its certainly not noisy to me and the time keeping after twenty four hours is spot on. I tried the limited chrono stop-start-return capability to check it but that will probably be it from now on. The bezel is bang on and the overall quality and attention to detail is awesome for the money. 

One more gratuitous pic now I've got the hang of it!

38061634612_c2686b618f_c.jpg

Monkey_Business

Welcome to the ARF club mate! 

Super satisfied with mine. I see that my SEL-fitment was not a one-off case. I genuinely think the SEL should fit better on such an expensive rep.
The white ceramic looks sharp as hell - Congrats mate!

serious
22 minutes ago, 4pekatt said:

see that my SEL-fitment was not a one-off case. I genuinely think the SEL should fit better on such an expensive rep.

Me too - I guess they've left that for the next version - :D

Edited by serious

Monkey_Business

I'd like more detailed pics of this. Can you deliver? :)

michel7752

This new ARF Ceramic Daytona 116500 is available with white or black dial. Both are phantastic reps, only 0.5 mm thicker than the gen and in 904L steel like the gen.

On the sister forum RWI the thread about this new watch has already generated 34 pages of mostly very positive comments in less than 3 weeks.

Where are the Daytona fans here?

deju

Just got mine, definitely replacing the rotor though, I knew from the thread on RWI it be noisey so as soon as I get the case back off I’ll remove the decoration plate and install the ETA rotor, good looking watch other wise! 

michel7752

Why change the rotor. Is the noise not only a question of oiling?

Griffo

Fuck a duck that’s stunning. You got any pics of your gen too? :drool:

IamWatching

very impressive - is there any way to test if it is really 904L they use?

also - what movement is being used in this model?

deju
26 minutes ago, IamWatching said:

very impressive - is there any way to test if it is really 904L they use?

also - what movement is being used in this model?

A7750 with decorated plate. 

To do testing would require lab testing equipment, someone did it for the panerai bronzo on RWI but it requires wrecking a case and even if confirmed doesn’t mean the same for future batches. 

The watch does seem shiner than usual reps but they could be mind playing tricks 

Monkey_Business

modified A7750. The minute and hour modules are removed, and the movement is made skinnier. 

BadPickle

WOWSER!!!

nice pick up there mate

rschaal

How relieable is the movement? during Research a lot of issues with 7750 movement showed up....

Monkey_Business
57 minutes ago, rschaal said:

How relieable is the movement? during Research a lot of issues with 7750 movement showed up....

It's not a traditional A7750. It has been modified, in several ways. 
Makers claim that these modifications has violently increased reliability, but this has yet to be proven. It is a NEW movement after all, so we have not had time to discover flaws.

I believe we are two or three owners in here. A handfull over at RWI. If these watches suck, we'll find out shortly. A normal A7750 Daytona usually does not last long. 

tabuktime
3 minutes ago, 4pekatt said:

It's not a traditional A7750. It has been modified, in several ways. 
Makers claim that these modifications has violently increased reliability, but this has yet to be proven. It is a NEW movement after all, so we have not had time to discover flaws.

I believe we are two or three owners in here. A handfull over at RWI. If these watches suck, we'll find out shortly. A normal A7750 Daytona usually does not last long. 

I love the idea of 'violently increased reliability'.  Does that mean if it starts to develop faults you can give it a good kicking?