RepGuy

Gen Forged Carbon under a Grand

RepGuy

This was waiting for me when I got home today all the way from Hong Kong, which is great considering I paid for the watch yesterday. I was missing my forged carbon AP's, but didn't want to worry about the A7750's or the lack of water resistance, so I began hunting for a genuine model. This led me to two micro brands: Tempest and Helson. Helson was the better choice due to its larger case size, better design, and the fact it has a working bezel (Tempest model has no rotating bezel). I also own a brass Helson model, and the overall quality is great, which made the choice much easier.

This comes in at 45mm, and sports a Miyota 9015  hi beat, with an ETA 2824 also available for $300 more. These specs are paired with 2000m of water resistance, sapphire crystal,  SuperLuminova C3, and a DLC coated titanium caseback/buckle, making for a solid watch with a good set of features for the price. The forged carbon case reminds me of the Panerai Carbotech with how the carbon is layered, which I was happy to find in an affordable watch. The lume glows like a torch, and the watch has that lightweight feel you would expect from a carbon/tiatnium watch. Caseback engravings are identical to the other Shark Diver models, but overall it fits into the design. The matte black dial and black date wheel help bring together the black and grey layers of carbon in the case. The bezel is fitted with C3 SuperLuminova filled indices, has no play. It also has a sturdy click when turned, and the horizontal cut is very similar in appearance to the bezel on a Panerai Carbotech.  

I plan to do a more thorough review in the next week or two after it gets some wrist time, but on first looks, it's a solid watch I am looking forward to testing out. The specs are excellent for the $799 price point, and it has a surprisingly high build quality for a material so light. 

C24A3t.jpg

T2XPop.jpg

aMer0c.jpg

S0bBrs.jpg

xNooEx.jpg

AOGoWH.jpg

hCvxss.jpg

9ZlUnK.jpg

Thommo82

That's really nice mate

What beer would you say best accompanies it?

RepGuy

Probably a Jolly Pumpkin Fuego Del Otono since its Fall 

Thommo82

Impeccable choice sir 

brang1

i think i would lean more towards a Hoegaarden White, the subtle Coriander and Curaçao flavours combined with the contrasting black and white would provide a much better all round tipple

RepGuy
1 minute ago, brang1 said:

i think i would lean more towards a Hoegaarden White, the subtle Coriander and Curaçao flavours combined with the contrasting black and white would provide a much better all round tipple

You're going above my taste pallet here. All I want is a pumpkin beer for Fall

k3rm87

Jeez that looks good! Alot of watch for the dough. 

Midnight

I never really liked forged carbon watches but this more classic diver look carbon watch is really nice! Maybe it's time to spend some more money :)

brang1
3 hours ago, RepGuy said:

You're going above my taste pallet here. All I want is a pumpkin beer for Fall

maybe just a Vic Bitter... local brew guaranteed to make you see far more attractive people after 27 of them