adotb

HELP, don't work.

adotb

FIRST! I don't know if I write in the right topic, but admin could maybe change to right if it's wrong?

I have an AP0143 - Royal Oak Chrono TI/RU Grey/Blk A-7750Sec@12  <--- link, TTW (where it was bought), but the problem is that it totally stop working, I used it  Monday, "played" (shake, screw wtc.) with it yesterday and was hoping that it will start to work today after yesterday BUT it  doesnt. What can be wrong with the watch? 
- Time don't work
- Seconds don't work (stopped at 17 seconds)
- "Timer" doesn't work. 
With other words, nothing works - is there anything I can do/try to fix it? Any tip? Guide? Video? Anything?

Thanks for answers!

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to watch repair & upgrade

adotb
4 minutes ago, greg_r said:

Not a review. Moved to watch repair & upgrade

Thank you!!

GenTLe

Early (model from 2010) modified sec @12 7750?

I'd say not a lot you can do personally. And not easy to find someone willing to put his hands on such beast. The modded 7750 are intrinsically addressed to die young. Maybe in your case it's a simply dislodged screw that stopped the balance wheel... Have you tried to handwind it for like 30 crown turns?

Why you bought such expensive, old and fragile (no, not just fragile, but as I wrote, "fated to die") thing, apart lack of proper information and study in advance is out of my comprehension. 
Especially considering that Toro has some of them at a special price -> http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/special 

Next time go for a time/date only or, at most, for an unmodified RECENT 7750.

adotb
24 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Early (model from 2010) modified sec @12 7750?

I'd say not a lot you can do personally. And not easy to find someone willing to put his hands on such beast. The modded 7750 are intrinsically addressed to die young. Maybe in your case it's a simply dislodged screw that stopped the balance wheel... Have you tried to handwind it for like 30 crown turns?

Why you bought such expensive, old and fragile (no, not just fragile, but as I wrote, "fated to die") thing, apart lack of proper information and study in advance is out of my comprehension. 
Especially considering that Toro has some of them at a special price -> http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/special 

Next time go for a time/date only or, at most, for an unmodified RECENT 7750.

I bought it earlier, so yes, the earlier 7750 not todays, luckely the price was lower hehe - so have had it for a while, all my other watches work perfectly, my brothers work perfect, (he also have the same as this one, and works fine).

So what you say, "bye bye AP" ? :( or are there some hope? hehe

GenTLe
6 hours ago, adotb said:

o what you say, "bye bye AP" ? :( or are there some hope?

If it's completely stuck (meaning that the balance bridge doesn't move at al also if you rotate the watch, maybe it's just a dislodged screw that locks it. If not probably the best idea is to sell it for parts. Unless you find someone that would try to service it (I'd not touch it at all...)