fromacrosstheriver

Hello everyone! COMPLETE NOOB HERE

fromacrosstheriver

Hello everyone! I've been a fan of this forum for some time now, laughing to myself at all the jokes and busting ball you lots do to each other. I can tell you need to have thick skin in this rep community, so I finally decided to make myself an account.

I've decided to do this mostly because I need help, I'm eyeing my first ever rep and I got a sweet deal but..... *drum roll....* it's from DHGATE. Now, I know that you lots will probably tell me I can find a better rep down the sewer or the garbage than in DHGATE, but I had one of my community buddies take a look at the pictures and he told me that it looked great, and good for the price. But, since it was a submariner noob V5, it did raise some red flags since supposedly, they've been out of market for some years now.  I'll add a link so you all can let me know what you think,

https://www.dhgate.com/product/noob-v5-2813-movement-brand-watch-black-ceramic/402437524.html

the reviews are good, and the pictures look great but my buddy is kind of in my head, telling me the reviews might be fake and I could very well pay $200 for a $40 rep, now my question is, to all my future buddies, do you think it's a safe, and wise purchase for me? I might add, I am not looking to spend a dime over $200, and only because it's my very first rep. I would love a v7 but I would look into that into the near future. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and I am excited to meet you all! 

P.S

If this was a bit forward and I'm completely in the wrong part of the forum for asking for help, I apologize wholeheartedly. 

-- All the best,

Wriggles

DHGate is not the place for the new and unwise.  Unless you know what you're doing it's a complete lottery and still so even if you knew loads.

Never heard of the seller, probably won't be a Noob V anything, go VIP here there's a whole section on DHGate and Ali that may help you if you insist on going there

fromacrosstheriver

Thank you! Offered the seller $160, expecting him to tell me to fuck off but he shockingly accepted my offer. I guess I'll have to risk it and see how it all turns up. Did you happen to see the pictures of the reviews? What did you think of them?

- - Best,

Explorr

Well hard to say when the darn plastic cover is still on. There is for sure a gap between the SEL to the top and to the bottom, which should not be there or this big. Hope this helps.

GenTLe

As always my suggestion is to avoid low level reps and unsafe place like dhgate. If you want a good sub without spending too much, then go for a BP factory one with undecorated Miyota high beat 9015. They are good, the movement is reliable and for sure they will bee better of a LONGTIME out of stock Noob v5 (you'll get something different).

BadApple

The dealer won't tell you to fuck off. He will be more than happy with $160 for a $10 watch.

BadApple

Oh and by the way I got a Noob cased 2813 driven Hulk from a TD on here for less than 160 doo daas 

fromacrosstheriver

Really bad apple? Nice, I would love to see if anybody is selling one but I can't see the trading zone :( 

splke

He said a td not m2m mail a few see what they got before spunk in your dollar on some tat 

fromacrosstheriver

Yeah, sorry about that.

What do you guys think about this one?

http://www.aootime01.com/Replica-Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN-Black-Ceramic-Bezel-Black-Dial-A21J-on-Bracelet-62721.html

It's from a TD, can't really tell if it's shit though, because I don't quite know what I'm looking for. And the specs are hard to read, don't really know what they mean. (Bare with me masters, I will soon learn.) Just need a bit of help for now! Thanks for all the help guys.

Daffy
10 minutes ago, fromacrosstheriver said:

Really bad apple? Nice, I would love to see if anybody is selling one but I can't see the trading zone :( 

A few more quality posts, and the M2M (Member to Member) sales section will magically appear for you.  I would suggest reading each and every thread there dealing with models you are interested in.

Daffy
1 minute ago, fromacrosstheriver said:

Yeah, sorry about that.

What do you guys think about this one?

http://www.aootime01.com/Replica-Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN-Black-Ceramic-Bezel-Black-Dial-A21J-on-Bracelet-62721.html

It's from a TD, can't really tell if it's shit though, because I don't quite know what I'm looking for. And the specs are hard to read, don't really know what they mean. (Bare with me masters, I will soon learn.) Just need a bit of help for now! Thanks for all the help guys.

That's a decent beginner sub, or so it appears to me.  Maybe others have specific experience with this particular offering.

Ceramic bezel, sapphire crystal.  It's in the right price range for a 21J / 2813 movement.  I don't think you would be unhappy at all when you opened the shipment.

fromacrosstheriver
2 minutes ago, Daffy said:

That's a decent beginner sub, or so it appears to me.  Maybe others have specific experience with this particular offering.

Ceramic bezel, sapphire crystal.  It's in the right price range for a 21J / 2813 movement.  I don't think you would be unhappy at all when you opened the shipment.

Thank you so much! Will wait to see if a couple other fellas agree and I'll send over an email to get started! :):D 

fromacrosstheriver
10 minutes ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

Wow! What a fucking beauty, thanks for all the info man. I'm totally going to get the black one.

It's this one correct? 

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=15902

Do you think I'll be fine ordering straight off the website, or do you recommend I email them first? 

It comes with the expandable flask and extra link correct? (My wrist is one big motherfucker.)

Sorry for all the questions my man, I appreciate you helping me out. You're the best!

y_casa

I would email them first to check ether they have it in stock and for payment info....good luck buddy :)

Thommo82
55 minutes ago, BADAPPLE12 said:

My first rep was the Sky sub in black. Awesome watch, no problems, great price. 

Only thing I could pick at is white bezel markers, which bothers me none 

BadApple
50 minutes ago, fromacrosstheriver said:

Wow! What a fucking beauty, thanks for all the info man. I'm totally going to get the black one.

It's this one correct? 

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=15902

Do you think I'll be fine ordering straight off the website, or do you recommend I email them first? 

It comes with the expandable flask and extra link correct? (My wrist is one big motherfucker.)

Sorry for all the questions my man, I appreciate you helping me out. You're the best!

I took 4 links out and I have wrists as big as Mike Tyson's Johnson.

fromacrosstheriver
6 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

My first rep was the Sky sub in black. Awesome watch, no problems, great price. 

Only thing I could pick at is white bezel markers, which bothers me none 

Gee sounds like I'm getting myself one! Looks incredibly nice for it's price. Do you know if the clasp has glide lock? Meaning if its expandable, and also does it come with a case? Thanks a lot for your input man, I'm excited!

splke
2 minutes ago, fromacrosstheriver said:

Gee sounds like I'm getting myself one! Looks incredibly nice for it's price. Do you know if the clasp has glide lock? Meaning if its expandable, and also does it come with a case? Thanks a lot for your input man, I'm excited!

the regmariner is better

RUSH2112

It’s green

Thommo82
26 minutes ago, fromacrosstheriver said:

Yeah it has glidelock, works well

Doesnt come with case mate, but IMO who wants a rep case and papers? Get yourself a big watch box and fill it to the brim 

Also check out the Regmariner, available from TD Narrika. Send him an email 

Best cheap sub going around apparently 

GenTLe
39 minutes ago, fromacrosstheriver said:

does it come with a case?

Rep cases are crap. Get a 30$ 10 slot case and fill it :)

I also prefer the one that Spike told you from "theonewatch": I find EXTREMELY annoying to see a second hand of a 28800 BPH movement watch moving at 21600 BPH as for the 21j movement.

Edited by GenTLe

the_frenchman

Looks like we are all trying to advice who has the best starting budget sub here .... interesting :lol: