serious

Worth the extra loot?

serious

Reading a thread the other day about "when its not worth buying genuine" basically on the premise that some reps are so good its a no-brainer (unless you've money to burn) to fork out on the original.

Have a look at this pic of my new ARF Daytona and my genuine Deepsea - I kind of get where they're coming from! ;)

38056741626_6e1e741b6d_c.jpg

Edited by serious

deju

With watches that do not appreciate, it's not worth buying the gen but if you get a Rolex, you can literally end up wearing them for free.  wouldn't call it burning your money.... unless you want to sell me the Deepsea for a few grand ;)

serious

I think you're right where Rolex are concerned but even then only if you buy wisely (stainless sports models), keep all the bits and service when required.  I've never lost money on a Rolex and obviously you do have the associated pleasure of owning and wearing which does have a cost that needs to be factored in. 

I entered into this world due to a desire to try a Panerai but not thinking they were worth the money they command and have been literally gob smacked' by the quality of the 4 reps I've now bought. This then got me delving into the world of Rolex reps due to my lusting after a ceramic Daytona but not prepared to pay the premiums over retail they currently command.

Again, having witnessed the quality of the ARF Daytona, at around what, 4% of the cost of the genuine led me to raise the question above.

Mind you, I wish I'd have been the owner of the Paul Newman Daytona that sold recently for £13,000,000!!! :D 

Edited by serious

cattlerustler

That ARF Daytona is amazing looking, where is available for purchase? Is the movement good enough to last? I'm really not worried about the chrono just needs to be reliable to wear in rotation with my others

GenTLe
8 hours ago, cattlerustler said:

where is available for purchase?

To anyone of those (at top of EVERY page of the forum): 

They all sell more or less the same watches, produced from that bunch of factories (like ARF, Noob, BP, V6F, KW etc etc). The difference is in the payment options, customer protection, transhipment option etc etc etc...,

McGilli
On 11/2/2017 at 04:01, serious said:

Reading a thread the other day about "when its not worth buying genuine" basically on the premise that some reps are so good its a no-brainer (unless you've money to burn) to fork out on the original.

Have a look at this pic of my new ARF Daytona and my genuine Deepsea - I kind of get where they're coming from! ;)

38056741626_6e1e741b6d_c.jpg

Nice! Always enjoy comparisons, quick or detailed from someone who owns gens and reps. 

Plant

Placed my order for an ARF yesterday, just waiting on QC pics. Its a lovely looking watch 

Usmcxsniper

I love the look of the Daytona. Wish I could afford the gen version. 

whitemb
On 11/13/2017 at 20:08, Usmcxsniper said:

I love the look of the Daytona. Wish I could afford the gen version. 

ARF rep makes it pretty much NWBIG

jamesezra

Yeah agreed ;)

f7fe1b6d4cbb10738285313e840e14cf.jpg
7884deecbd1336c64b5a4eb044aecaf2.jpg2a5f04b7c647d6caf9dda108ce5ba646.jpg