cbrian26wvu

TC and BK

cbrian26wvu

Not sure if I can ask this question, so please remove if I cannot but here goes: I hear many folks talk about how great the TC watches are and realize that he no longer deals. I hear quite good reviews of BK and it seems that he and TC are very similar. My question is, is there a major difference in the watches that each produces and why? Thanks for all your help!

BadPickle

TC = Rolex 16610

BK = Rolex 116610  (and a few other 6digit)

2 different watches, read the BK thread and it’ll become clear what he does,  he got a noob sub and jazzed it up a bit

whereas TC built his own. 

GenTLe

TC was producing the old Submariner, the one with Al insert, 16610 (first pic below), and he was "creating" the watch, meaning he had different factories producing the different parts, and he assembled all at the end.

bc3379094267ed986e071a2822f5a485_WMxfull

BK is using Noob factory watches, the modern ones with ceramic bezel 116610 (like the picture below), and perfecting them with a smaller gasket, a proper cyclop, and fixing those things that may pass below the radar at Noob factory assembly line. And there is a Swiss Eta inside (not sure if it comes from the "swiss eta" version of Noob itself or bought and installed later, I kind of remember those are the ones that come from Noob straight).

rolex-oyster-perpetual-submariner-date-r

cbrian26wvu

Thank you all for the insight! Much appreciated!

BadPickle

:thumbsup2: 

Kleen™

TC is (generally) considered a shelf above the other suppliers if you’re a bit anal... but really, when you hit the level of of a regmariner, little will be left wanting imo... 

cbrian26wvu
12 minutes ago, Kleen™ said:

TC is (generally) considered a shelf above the other suppliers if you’re a bit anal... but really, when you hit the level of of a regmariner, little will be left wanting imo... 

Kleen  think I’m a bit too new at this to be overly anal! Lol perhaps in a few years tho once I’ve acquired a few!

Edited by cbrian26wvu
Spelling