jamingui

Packet seized by customs

jamingui

I recently got a packet seized by customs in the EU. It was catched at the airport customs in Zaventem (Belgium). My suspiscion is that the  dealer did not do the triangulation properly and send directly the packet to me.

Today I received a lawyer letter on behalf of the watch company offering a settlement (destruction of the watch, paying 250 EUR damages and they will not initiate procedures against me).

Now I wonder if my address is in the black list (I have another packet on transit from another dealer).

Anybody has experience if after one seizure, the following packets to the same address are thoroughly inspected?

Best

Edited by jamingui

BadApple

DO NOT RESPOND TO THE LETTER - do not call, write or accept anything to do with the shipment.

Send copy to the TD and they will arrange a new one to be sent out.

jamingui

The TD will sent out another one, however I am afraid about the letter and if the initiate legal proceedings against me. I wonder if any other member has experience on this.

Edited by jamingui

Chavezzito
9 minutes ago, jamingui said:

The TD will sent out another one, however I am afraid about the letter and if the initiate legal proceedings against me. I wonder if any other member has experience on this.

It´s just a scare tactic...nothing will happen to you. Act stupid...I have not ordered anything...what is this? Am I on candid camera?

BadApple
26 minutes ago, jamingui said:

Many have - that's why advice is DO NOT RESPOND at all

Monkey_Business

There's no blacklist. 

As Badapple says, don't respond. Just having a lawyer pick up the phone to even try and reach you will cost them more than 250€. 
Send the proof of seizure to your TD, and ask for a new watch.

McGilli

Wow - good luck OP! Hope you get your second watch ok.

BTW - Is it ok if OP scans - or takes a photo of that letter and posts it here? I'd be very interested. In fact, I'd love a repository of similar letters from different countries all over the world just to see the typical/different responses to this situation.