Glaude

Breitling Navitimer A23322 White - Non expert review

aitcharGMT
30 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Actually, for me, the 2 worst parts of service a 7750 aren't related to the 7750 itself: they are the removal of the central chrono second hand, which quite often detaches from its tube (and then it's a mess), and fitting all those hands back so that they reset properly... It's a tedious and long procedure... Last time it took like 2 hours just for this last part!

Now I think I found a good way for the second hand, similar to what is visible here at 0:20 (but with the presto tool for the cannon pinions, not the one to remove hands):

Great video!

aitcharGMT
On 29/01/2018 at 04:09, GenTLe said:

7753 will fit in any watch that ha da 7750 inside, but you will not be able to change the date quickly, as on 7753 the date can be changed only through a pusher at 10 (which isn't there on the Navi case).

It has come to my attention that a a7753 cannot be fitted into a Navitimer with the 3-6-9 configuration because "the stem won't align" or something. I'm still waiting for more info but if you have a source where this has been done in a Navitimer I'd appreciate it. Or a mod for the sunken date in a 7750. (I read that locolouie used to do a mod like that but now it's sick and shipping sporadically) thanks.

Glaude
1 hour ago, aitcharGMT said:

It has come to my attention that a a7753 cannot be fitted into a Navitimer with the 3-6-9 configuration because "the stem won't align" or something. I'm still waiting for more info but if you have a source where this has been done in a Navitimer I'd appreciate it. Or a mod for the sunken date in a 7750. (I read that locolouie used to do a mod like that but now it's sick and shipping sporadically) thanks.

I found that : 

aitcharGMT
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

I found that : 

Will read it, thanks! I had still 20 more threads to go through but this pointer helps a lot! You must be better at searching too! hehe thanks again.

Edit: just read it. Exactly what i was looking for. Btw, apparently there's a guy "legende" (maybe in your corner of the world?) in RWGJr that does this mod.

Edited by aitcharGMT

GenTLe
4 hours ago, aitcharGMT said:

It has come to my attention that a a7753 cannot be fitted into a Navitimer with the 3-6-9 configuration because "the stem won't align" or something.

Actually that's right. The 7750 with 3/6/9 has added gears and a plate on top of a standard 7750 to transfer the motion of the minute counter. So the part between the stem hole and the dial is thicker than the standard 7750/7753.

Glaude
4 hours ago, aitcharGMT said:

Will read it, thanks! I had still 20 more threads to go through but this pointer helps a lot! You must be better at searching too! hehe thanks again.

Edit: just read it. Exactly what i was looking for. Btw, apparently there's a guy "legende" (maybe in your corner of the world?) in RWGJr that does this mod.

Glad I could help !

Since my date isn't sunken I don't need such a mod :) 

windyzz

Love the White Navitimer....It's different to the normal black panda one. This one feels dressier :)

aitcharGMT
4 hours ago, Glaude said:

Glad I could help !

Since my date isn't sunken I don't need such a mod :) 

True, true! Maybe you could do me a favour though, could you please tell me the thickness of your Navi's case and also the distance from the stem to the dial surface and from the stem to the back plate (case)? I really want to give adding an a7753 to your version a shot. I will of course have to buy your version but want to figure out as much as possible before I do. I really don't like the idea of having a non-functional chronograph, but a sunken date _looks_ worse.

Glaude
3 minutes ago, aitcharGMT said:

True, true! Maybe you could do me a favour though, could you please tell me the thickness of your Navi's case and also the distance from the stem to the dial surface and from the stem to the back plate (case)? I really want to give adding an a7753 to your version a shot. I will of course have to buy your version but want to figure out as much as possible before I do. I really don't like the idea of having a non-functional chronograph, but a sunken date _looks_ worse.

Sorry but this would require me to take it apart and I haven't planned on doing it yet.
But maybe those specs can be found somewhere

aitcharGMT
6 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Actually that's right. The 7750 with 3/6/9 has added gears and a plate on top of a standard 7750 to transfer the motion of the minute counter. So the part between the stem hole and the dial is thicker than the standard 7750/7753.

I see what they meant by "the stem" doesn't align. But that would only be true for the case where the case (no pun intended :D) had a modded a7750 (thicker case and longer distance from stem to dial), but what about _this_ version's case? Would a A7753 fit on this case? I'm assuming that with the non-functioning chrono, the extra gears and extra plate is not added, is it? If it is then yes, the stem most likely won't align.... Crap! I'm going to start a petition to have the factories make a version with a a7753 even if I get blisters from changing the date! :lol: :D:D wanna sign it? 

aitcharGMT
9 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Sorry but this would require me to take it apart and I haven't planned on doing it yet.
But maybe those specs can be found somewhere

Oh, sorry, no, no, I wouldn't expect you to do that. I meant from the center of the crown to where you _think_ the dial surface is. Anyways I'll try to look for those specs. I'm sure there must be a thread hidden somewhere :baghead:

GenTLe
I see what they meant by "the stem" doesn't align. But that would only be true for the case where the case (no pun intended :D) had a modded a7750 (thicker case and longer distance from stem to dial), but what about _this_ version's case? Would a A7753 fit on this case? I'm assuming that with the non-functioning chrono, the extra gears and extra plate is not added, is it? If it is then yes, the stem most likely won't align.... Crap! I'm going to start a petition to have the factories make a version with a a7753 even if I get blisters from changing the date! :D:D wanna sign it? 
Yes in this case it should fit :) Still not having the quick date change is a pain in the ass, as you use it much more than the chronograph...

Glaude
12 hours ago, aitcharGMT said:

Oh, sorry, no, no, I wouldn't expect you to do that. I meant from the center of the crown to where you _think_ the dial surface is. Anyways I'll try to look for those specs. I'm sure there must be a thread hidden somewhere :baghead:

That I can do :

d0l3V3j.jpg

aitcharGMT
4 hours ago, Glaude said:

That I can do :

d0l3V3j.jpg

Thank you! 

johannsebastian
On 08/11/2017 at 00:37, Glaude said:

Hi all,

Here's my non-expert review of my first replica watch : Breitling Navitimer A23322 All white version.
My feedback on the dealer is right here : my feedback.

aZAEHFim.jpg 

Hi Glaude!

Thanks for the review. I also want to buy this version (in black panda style) as this is the best rep I could find. The sunken date wheel is a no-go for me, but I probably would never use the chronometer anyway.

I wanted to ask you, how this watch experience was so far? (or does anybody else has it and could gibe a review on long term use?) 

I see you posted the review a year ago. Any hassles?

Where did you buy it? The link to your seller gives me a premissions error. „2F173/H“

Glaude
3 hours ago, johannsebastian said:

Hi Glaude!

Thanks for the review. I also want to buy this version (in black panda style) as this is the best rep I could find. The sunken date wheel is a no-go for me, but I probably would never use the chronometer anyway.

I wanted to ask you, how this watch experience was so far? (or does anybody else has it and could gibe a review on long term use?) 

I see you posted the review a year ago. Any hassles?

Where did you buy it? The link to your seller gives me a premissions error. „2F173/H“

Hi !

So far, I've only had one issue with it, the second hand got stuck and it was probably some dust inside the movement, after a couple of vigorous shake and a demagnetisation (this rep magnetise a LOT !) everything was in order. Still is !
I've run the chrono maybe 4 or 5 times since I got it, no problem at all.

I've bought if from Perfect Clone but any TD could get it for you :) 

Pesman
I see what they meant by "the stem" doesn't align. But that would only be true for the case where the case (no pun intended biggrin.png) had a modded a7750 (thicker case and longer distance from stem to dial), but what about _this_ version's case? Would a A7753 fit on this case? I'm assuming that with the non-functioning chrono, the extra gears and extra plate is not added, is it? If it is then yes, the stem most likely won't align.... Crap! I'm going to start a petition to have the factories make a version with a a7753 even if I get blisters from changing the date! biggrin.png:D wanna sign it? 

I would support that petition. However as I recall the rep 7753 has an issue with wobbling on the 3 o'clock minute hand. It's why I have sold on both my Omega 300m and Tudor Fast Rider as it flops about between upright and 1... A real shame. I'd have no issue with either losing the quick change date or having the obvious tell of the recessed pusher.

Just a shame that gen prices just continue to climb to stupid levels taking used prices with them....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Redemskis

That's beautiful!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Havanarob

I just acquired an ebauche 7753 ETA movement to Franken my A23322. Will post pics when complete.

Glaude
2 hours ago, Havanarob said:

I just acquired an ebauche 7753 ETA movement to Franken my A23322. Will post pics when complete.

Have to admit, that's a quality postwhoring you did there ! Nothing to say against it, but you are an experienced member here, @OldNavitimer;) 

And I would really like to see pics of that ebauché 7753 !

Havanarob
2 hours ago, Glaude said:

Have to admit, that's a quality postwhoring you did there ! Nothing to say against it, but you are an experienced member here, @OldNavitimer;) 

And I would really like to see pics of that ebauché 7753 !

With RWI down and RG pretty quiet, I gotta keep myself occupied, postwhoring or not. Suffering withdrawals and rep DTs...

ERROR404
On 08/11/2017 at 18:14, GenTLe said:

Then there is the 7753, which is a NOT modified chronograph with again 3/6/9 configuration and NOT recessed date. But they have the quick date set with a pusher at 10, and the date can't be changed by crown, that's the reason isn't used in your watch: either you lose the possibility to change the date manually or you will have a pusher that the gen hasn't.

This is a 7753:

Porsche-Design-Dashboard-Automatic-Watch-ETA-7753-Cronograph-Satin-titanium-4.jpg&key=2ed33ab82aef0c2496825b44d80ec9af83874798734a7f259602a13f44bb0eec

You are correct, but also incorrect.

Op has a ref. A23322 rep. Which means

A = for stainless steel

23 = for Breitling cal. B23

Cal. B23 is a relabeled valjoux 7753

That means that the gen uses a 7753 without the 10 o'clock button and no way to set the date other than advance the time (I can confirm since I have one).

From 2003 to 2011 Breitling sold navitimers without a quick set date. Kind of hard to believe and a major pain in the ass (that's why I keep mine on a watch winder).

So if the rep watch used a 7753 with no quick-set, it would be more gen-like than having a quick date set. 

GenTLe
You are correct, but also incorrect.
Op has a ref. A23322 rep. Which means
A = for stainless steel
23 = for Breitling cal. B23
Cal. B23 is a relabeled valjoux 7753
That means that the gen uses a 7753 without the 10 o'clock button and no way to set the date other than advance the time (I can confirm since I have one).
From 2003 to 2011 Breitling sold navitimers without a quick set date. Kind of hard to believe and a major pain in the ass (that's why I keep mine on a watch winder).
So if the rep watch used a 7753 with no quick-set, it would be more gen-like than having a quick date set. 

Uh, Crazy thing! Ok then :)

johannsebastian
On 01/09/2019 at 01:37, Havanarob said:

@Havanarob Did you ever do it? Did it fit? I’ve heard that there are problems with the date-wheel not fitting correctly :)