McGilli

About the angles used in QC photos

McGilli

When QC photos are sent to you - shouldn't at least one of them be from straight on so you can see the alignment of the bezel, dial, rehaut, cyclops,  and date wheel?

If you receive 10 QC photos and none of them are at an angle where you can judge those - is that normal?

As I'm new to QC photos maybe this is acceptable and you need to ask for a photo straight on?

BadPickle

If you don’t like the pics, ask for more. 

Mr Stubbs

I have always received a shot of the dial from straight on, from Toro, Watchfinder et al.   Definitely ask.

Nikosaldente

If I don't get satisfactory photos, I ask for specific ones!

That includes any part of the watch(Dial/Crown/Caseback/Strap/Buckle/etc) that's not clearly visible in the received QC photos..

Always make sure that you see the exact watch you're going to get and you like what you see before giving the green light!

Cheers!

onzenuub

Angels? In QC pics? That’s new for me.

RUSH2112

That’s not the point of qc pics.

McGilli
17 minutes ago, RUSH2112 said:

That’s not the point of qc pics.

I understand what you mean.  In this case - it's just that there was not a single photo where I could see the date on the dial since in every photo that spot was totally distorted by the cyclops due to the angle. 

I asked for a photo from straight on and as long as there is a date wheel I'll be good to go :) 

Thanks everyone - aside from the one photo I have requested - all the others look really nice. Looking forward to giving the GO on my first TD order.

Robert11

Make sure your dial is aligned. When you don’t get a basic straight on pic something is amiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGilli

Thanks again everyone. I received updated photos, and in much better lighting. Ordered. 

Left Coast Guy

I prefer my QC pics on a skinny guy's wrist, with a 5'0 95 lb girl to make the watch look REALLY big. 

gwkiw

I had an AP order in process  with QC pics at  an angle and wrong colored strap. Asked  the TD for the correct strap and new QC pics.  Got the 2nd set of QC pics and noticed the AP logo was not aligned straight to the rest of the watch dial.  It was actually quite crooked.  Asked for that to be corrected and dead on front view QC pics to confirm.  

3rd set of QC pics were perfect.  Always look at the QC pics CAREFULLY.  If in doubt, ask for a different angle.