_DC_

Spent almost $700 on an RM rep

Monkey_Business
4 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Used to dislike the look of RM watches, now i love them - that is absolutely stunning! Will have to get an RM rep at some point!

My point exactly

Griffo
22 minutes ago, 4pekatt said:

My point exactly

Need to read up on them though. No idea what the "best" RM reps are.

@_DC_ - what are your favourite RM reps? :)

_DC_
51 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Need to read up on them though. No idea what the "best" RM reps are.

@_DC_ - what are your favourite RM reps? :)

Obviously I'll reserve judgement on this new one until it arrives but based on pics it looks to be the best I've seen thus far in coming close to replicating the functions and look of a gen, since they're mostly skeleton dials it's hard to rep RM without using faux movement decorations. Aside from that, the RM027-02 rep was really nice in terms of quality and proportions...

IMG_8219.jpg

... and  I'm a big fan of the RM055 reps, although they use a decorated plate on front and back it does a good job of replicating the gen and there is a lot of transparency in the watch which reflects the gen very well...

IMG_8397.jpg

IMG_9218.jpg

Thickness let's all RM reps down, but the RM011 gen is a fairly thick watch so it is perhaps the least noticeable in terms of difference to the gen, hence my excitement for this new piece! 

DC

NCRich

Tastes differ widely obviously.  :rofl:

Congrats on the acquisition.

splke

not a fan but bloody hell the details is amazing and those skelly datewheels are stunning

Undinist

Gen RMs have intriguing, innovative movements, but bollocks to them - they're so impractical - it's hard to see the hands or the date and for £175k you don't even get weekday. So even if I was Lewis Hamilton I'd have to be paid to wear one. I like the idea of subverting the whole point of RM's engineering by slapping in a shonky old 7750. :bananarider:

_DC_

Just approved QC Pics and QC Video!!

All I can say is, it's a shame I can't post them here, coz it looks really good!!

Stoked!!

DC