Crowsnest3000

GMT Master with ‘Bakelite’ bezel

Crowsnest3000

Hi guys 

tried looking everywhere but does anyone know where you can get a vintage rep of these?

Genius

Theres someone on ebay selling the bezels if you wanted to do it a bit cheaper just buy the rep off a TD and add the bezel

paccbet
2 minutes ago, Bjorns said:

Have you ordered from there ?
Pretty nice watch there. 

Most people have, it's really pricey though as it's gen spec. But I'd take @Genius' advice up there. 

NCRich
34 minutes ago, Genius said:

Theres someone on ebay selling the bezels if you wanted to do it a bit cheaper just buy the rep off a TD and add the bezel

I have not seen the bezel and insert on ebay in a long time.  The seller that used to list those and vintage dials disappeared quite a while ago.  gans_antique I believe it was.

LightGeek

Boooo. Came in here thinking there was a rep.

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

Genius
28 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I have not seen the bezel and insert on ebay in a long time.  The seller that used to list those and vintage dials disappeared quite a while ago.  gans_antique I believe it was.

Yes you are right!  I honestly thought I'd seen them recently but maybe was longer than I thought

Phong does sell individual parts not just complete watches so you could just buy the bezel http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/contents/en-us/d184.html still pricey at $650 but will make the build a lot cheaper than going for his ready made watch at $6500 (without a bracelet)

NCRich
18 minutes ago, Genius said:

Yes you are right!  I honestly thought I'd seen them recently but maybe was longer than I thought

Phong does sell individual parts not just complete watches so you could just buy the bezel http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/contents/en-us/d184.html still pricey at $650 but will make the build a lot cheaper than going for his ready made watch at $6500 (without a bracelet)

Yuki has the complete case set/dial excluding movement (no price listed) and the insert alone is $250.  At one point gans had the bezel and insert for $250.

Genius
34 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Yuki has the complete case set/dial excluding movement (no price listed) and the insert alone is $250.  At one point gans had the bezel and insert for $250.

Good find, yeah yuki definitely looks like the way to go if you really wanna do a bakelite build still not cheap though at $250

http://www.yukiwatch.net/Early-No-Guard-GMT-Master-6542-Bakelite-Acrylic-bezel-insert-p30770572

Crowsnest3000

Thanks for the help guys 

fatarms

I really wish they would just make the reps with the bakelite inserts.

LightGeek
44 minutes ago, fatarms said:

I really wish they would just make the reps with the bakelite inserts.

Amen!

Crowsnest3000

I know they do the vintage Daytona rep with Bakelite bezel so god knows why not!

Edited by Crowsnest3000