RepGuy

Favorite Micro Brand

fatarms
15 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

What's the specifications on this?

41.5mm, 316 stainless steel, modified Miyota  8219 movement.  Seconds @4, the subdial @8 is a 24hr dial that followed whatever time the watch is set for (not a GMT subdial).  

The name of the model is the Legacy Navy Golden Stars. 

https://gavox.com/watches/legacy/

I think it was in the neighborhood of about $350 or so if I remember correctly. 

Kleen™

~ usd350 seems a bloody bargain for a gen with that kind of looks. And I do not care that much about ‘brands’ or ‘recognition’. If I like it, I like it. As simple as that. And this one I like. Even more so @ 350... ;)

Good find.

Edited by Kleen™

RepGuy
1 hour ago, fatarms said:

41.5mm, 316 stainless steel, modified Miyota  8219 movement.  Seconds @4, the subdial @8 is a 24hr dial that followed whatever time the watch is set for (not a GMT subdial).  

The name of the model is the Legacy Navy Golden Stars. 

https://gavox.com/watches/legacy/

I think it was in the neighborhood of about $350 or so if I remember correctly. 

Thanks for the info, that seems like a great deal.

59 minutes ago, Kleen™ said:

~ usd350 seems a bloody bargain for a gen with that kind of looks. And I do not care that much about ‘brands’ or ‘recognition’. If I like it, I like it. As simple as that. And this one I like. Even more so @ 350... ;)

Good find.

It's weird, but after some time here, I seem to care less and less about the brand name. I focus on the exclusivity of the model, specifications, and the overall look of the watch. I have been tending to go for more "far out" designs lately, which is a reason I enjoy micro brands... they can push limits and try things major brands wouldn't touch due to having their brand image/style solidified long ago, and a apparent fear to change that.