gwkiw

PAM676, 42mm Panerai HW

gwkiw

I've been looking for another 42mm Panerai to go with my recently purchased PAM684 RG 42mm.   I am limited to 42mm due to my wrist size which really limits the options when it comes to Panerai.  I went for a PAM676 from the V6 factory.  This rep comes with the A6497 HW movement which I haven't had before either.  This HW is one of (2) on my most recent order.  I also purchased a Patek with a Venus HW which I will be posting pics shortly.  This HW option is a nice alternative to my other reps which are all automatics. 

So far I'm very happy with this rep.  Its a good size,  has a smaller feel to it for a 42mm due to its thinness and leaner dial.  It's a thinner, dressier alternative PAM compared to the PAM684.  Good weight to it and a decent strap that isn't too stiff like most rep leather straps.  So far it is working fine. On a full wind I ended up with 36 hours reserve.  Not as high as some 6497 owners have claimed but I can live with that.  In comparison to the gen (by photo only) it appears to be a very good rep for my liking.  The display back reveals the A6497 movement dressed to appear similar to the P1000. Very nice.  Yes there are some font size and engraving differences but no spelling mistakes and I think everything is basically where it should be.   Some of my photos the dial sticks & numbers come off a little white but the actual watch in my hands they have a very nice off white/ivory cream color very similar to the gen (photos).  These are all done with my S5.  Some day I'll get an actual camera but I 'd  rather get another rep first, second, third etc. 

I really like the way the 2 reps I ordered from the V6 factory arrive.  They have protective film on both the face and back glass and most impressive is the plastic protective case protector that encases the entire outer edges of the watch body from damage.  I don't really do molecular level reviews as there are other members that excel in that but I do like sharing some pics of the reps I purchase.  This Pam is another great addition to my growing collection and hopefully will help sway some smaller wrist fellow watch fanatics that there are a few Panerai options out there for us. 

Enjoy....

front_676.jpg

frontside_676.jpg

frontbook1_676.jpg

The open case back.

The Gen:                                                                                                                                                  The Rep.       

Gen_back_676.jpg       Rep_Back_676.jpg

Here it is with its big brother.

both_676_684.jpg

Effect2_676.jpg

Cheers!

:beer3:

Edited by gwkiw
Postimage chaos

Glaude

Great review and great pics ! 

Always love the gen vs rep comparaison pics.

Thank you for sharing

rschaal
On ‎13‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 06:47, gwkiw said:

I've been looking for another 42mm Panerai to go with my recently purchased PAM684 RG 42mm.   I am limited to 42mm due to my wrist size which really limits the options when it comes to Panerai.  I went for a PAM676 from the V6 factory.  This rep comes with the A6497 HW movement which I haven't had before either.  This HW is one of (2) on my most recent order.  I also purchased a Patek with a Venus HW which I will be posting pics shortly.  This HW option is a nice alternative to my other reps which are all automatics. 

So far I'm very happy with this rep.  Its a good size,  has a smaller feel to it for a 42mm due to its thinness and leaner dial.  It's a thinner, dressier alternative PAM compared to the PAM684.  Good weight to it and a decent strap that isn't too stiff like most rep leather straps.  So far it is working fine. On a full wind I ended up with 36 hours reserve.  Not as high as some 6497 owners have claimed but I can live with that.  In comparison to the gen (by photo only) it appears to be a very good rep for my liking.  The display back reveals the A6497 movement dressed to appear similar to the P1000. Very nice.  Yes there are some font size and engraving differences but no spelling mistakes and I think everything is basically where it should be.   Some of my photos the dial sticks & numbers come off a little white but the actual watch in my hands they have a very nice off white/ivory cream color very similar to the gen (photos).  These are all done with my S5.  Some day I'll get an actual camera but I 'd  rather get another rep first, second, third etc. 

I really like the way the 2 reps I ordered from the V6 factory arrive.  They have protective film on both the face and back glass and most impressive is the plastic protective case protector that encases the entire outer edges of the watch body from damage.  I don't really do molecular level reviews as there are other members that excel in that but I do like sharing some pics of the reps I purchase.  This Pam is another great addition to my growing collection and hopefully will help sway some smaller wrist fellow watch fanatics that there are a few Panerai options out there for us. 

Enjoy....

front_676.jpg      

frontside_676.jpg

frontbook1_676.jpg

The open case back.

The Gen:                                                                                                                                                  The Rep.       

Gen_back_676.jpg       Rep_Back_676.jpg

Here it is with its big brother.

both_676_684.jpg

Effect2_676.jpg

Cheers!

:beer3:

very nice model! i also have my eye on this. but how thick is this watch? as far as my Research all current reps of this model are over 12mm thick, the original is about 10mm.

Leslie

Thanks for the sharing.

PAM676 (42mm LUMINOR DUE 3 DAYS) and PAM337 (42mm RADIOMIR) are currently at the top of my wish list. 

I just can't decide which one to buy  :Thinking:

gwkiw

The V6 factory PAM676 is 13mm thick.  From what I understand it is difficult to achieve gen thickness in some reps due mainly to the dimensions of the specific movements available or chosen for the reps.  The 676 needs a HW similar in layout to the P1000.  I'm guessing the 6497 was the best option. 

I had my eyes on a 42mm Radiomir as an option also but the securing mechanism for the crown on the 676 for me helps maintain the Panerai style I like even with the more formal look of the 676.  To each their own though. 

PyratM

That's a great looking formal dress watch

Left Coast Guy

Does anyone know offhand if there are any other slim Panerai reps in production these days? 

persianpirate

Thanks for the post! I have been considering this one as well. One thing that's hard to tell from the pics on the AD sites is if the V6F has the "sun" dial or if it's more of a plain black. How does yours look?f6POwS3.jpg