Piloten

Some Thoughts For Sellers

Piloten

So, on a totally non-watch related purchase from Europe, I feel like I need to post some observations.

No, this is not aimed at anyone here.

Yes, this ONLY applies to sending to Canada but one of these thoughts talks about that.

Mods, if it just comes across as a rant or not useful, pop it into off topic or shitcan it. Don't care. 'Cause I am ranting

1) Once a deal has been struck,  communicate with the buyer as to how the BUYER wants it sent. If it costs more to do it that way, then negotiate. This --insert item here-- no longer belongs to you. Subset to this,  certain shipping methods are of no use to the buyer, depending on country. Example, sending something "registered" to Canada only costs money and does not add any value, as Canada Post does NOT track "registered" items.

2) Once a deal is satisfactorily completed, PUT THE GODDAMNED THING IN TO SHIPPING.  This --insert item here-- no longer belongs to you. Two weeks of waiting and hearing "ooh, family emergency, ooohhh, work emergency" later, I finally had to get another guy I know in the same country to drop in on the seller and advise him to get off his ass.

3) Check the address before it is sent and TAKE A FUCKING PICTURE of the addressed package AND CONFIRM IT WITH THE SELLER BEFORE sending. Text, Email, Dropbox, Intagram, etc etc etc. NO excuse that is too hard to do.

4) Take another picture of the addressed and paid/receipted item before it goes into the system

There, how fucking hard was that? Pretty hard, if you go by the experiences I have had the last year.

There, do I feel better? Not fucking likely.

-J

onzenuub

Item still for sale? 

BadPickle

payment sent 

edwinowl

Rant John :spank:

NCRich

:thumbsup:

I know the difficulties you had.  Sorry you had to go through that.

Piloten

Over on . . . another . . . forum, there were repeated threads and accusations flying because some guys did not get off their arses for months sometimes.

KarmaToBurn

5) Ship that shit out IN A BOX. Don't take any risks by throwing it into one of those bubble envelopes.

Jibuti

GLWS-if you receive it at all

RUSH2112

If you want it shipped a certain way then you the buyer needs to make that clear BEFORE the deal is made since it might cost more.

Any expected delay should be made clear when buyer asks for payment instructions.  Not every country observes the same holidays.

I make the shipping label and pay the freight at once so I’m not sending you a pic for your approval. It’s already paid.  Buyer is responsible for making  the address clear when you agree on price and payment.

Piloten

And that right there is exactly the attitude that I'm talking about.  The genius that kicked this off had that exact attitude, except the address I sent him, he was too lazy to copy the goddamned thing down to the end. Copied the box number and the post office name, then skipped city, province, postal code and decided on his own hook to put USA instead of Canada. The seller IS responsible for proving they sent it to the right fucking place and when I ask for "tracked", it is NOT ok to decide on your own to substitute "registered" and on and on and on. If you're too lazy or arrogant to snap a pic before it's posted, you are causing the problem

RUSH2112
8 minutes ago, Piloten said:

And that right there is exactly the attitude that I'm talking about.  The genius that kicked this off had that exact attitude, except the address I sent him, he was too lazy to copy the goddamned thing down to the end. Copied the box number and the post office name, then skipped city, province, postal code and decided on his own hook to put USA instead of Canada. The seller IS responsible for proving they sent it to the right fucking place and when I ask for "tracked", it is NOT ok to decide on your own to substitute "registered" and on and on and on. If you're too lazy or arrogant to snap a pic before it's posted, you are causing the problem

Fortunately I’ve never written it down wrong, entered it wrong or had an issue.  If it’s entered EXACTLY the way the buyer  requested and it’s wrong it’s on the buyer is my point.  No amount of photos is going to correct that.  

Xpletiv

No, but it covers your ass.

Piloten

If that is what you truly believe, then there is no point in pointing out how that comes across. I have certainly made mistakes in my life, so I personally feel due diligence is not out of the question when I have accepted someone's money.

But that's just me.

paccbet

Yea! Tell em J!! Fucking hate these people.

narikaa

Sort everything out before the deal is done and money changes hands.  So simple (and a set in stone way of life for great swathes of the planet)

(Why is it a western idiosyncrasy to start inventing questions etc AFTER the 'kin thing has shipped?)

Wrong address  FFS that's why God gave us copy/paste function and printers What you forward is exactly where it goes

RUSH2112
4 hours ago, narikaa said:

Sort everything out before the deal is done and money changes hands.  So simple (and a set in stone way of life for great swathes of the planet)

(Why is it a western idiosyncrasy to start inventing questions etc AFTER the 'kin thing has shipped?)

Wrong address  FFS that's why God gave us copy/paste function and printers What you forward is exactly where it goes

Basically the point I was making but, as usual, Reg has a unique way of cutting through the bullshit and breaking it down to the bottom line.

Rx4Time

I always copy and paste exactly what is sent for a shipping address.  I send a series of pictures showing the packing process and shipping label, always use a box and always trackable shipping period.  I'll never understand people using a bubble mailer.  The cost difference is minimal.  since I copy and paste, I don't typically verify I've entered the address correctly but since it's tracked, I can request a diversion here in the US back to me or a different address if needed.... thankfully never needed so far.  Just curious, what was being shipped?

Piloten

It is a replacement favourite toy for my dying cat. I wanted to do something to make him happier as his clock runs out.

Rich here very generously tried to send some and they vanished. This other clown was paid up front and as above, wrote down the po box number and post office name, then skipped city, province and postal code and wrote USA down instead of Canada. And changed tracked to registered. It went to Inglewood California (USPS tracks registered but canada post does not) and is now on its way back to Europe.

Piloten
20 hours ago, RUSH2112 said:

Fortunately I’ve never written it down wrong, entered it wrong or had an issue.  If it’s entered EXACTLY the way the buyer  requested and it’s wrong it’s on the buyer is my point.  No amount of photos is going to correct that.  

Uh, yes, it will.

RUSH2112
53 minutes ago, Piloten said:

Uh, yes, it will.

You’re a bit of an infant when someone doesn’t agree with you, huh?

Piloten

No, you're being a bit obtuse, so I will lay it out for you, so even an ignorant cunt like you grasps what is screamingly obvious to everyone else over the age of 6

People (excepting you, apparently) make mistakes

If someone has made a mistake typing in an address, it costs you nothing to perform a single, cost-free step to ensure what now belongs to someone else gets where it's going.

Your entire attitude clearly says "thanks for your money and fuck you if you think I'm going to do anything at all to help ensure what no longer belongs to me gets to you"

Xpletiv

1 more time:

No amount of photos will make the idiot smarter, but it will cover your ass from the idiot.

Jibuti

dying cat and amount of time left is actually most important here, J. 

Piloten
20 hours ago, jibuti said:

dying cat and amount of time left is actually most important here, J. 

That is what is on my mind. If it was something as meaningless as a watch I would not care

Piloten

Well, the outcome is:

It went back to europe, my friend there picked it up and put it in a courier to me. Done is done. Showed up today. Max is happy