KarmaToBurn

FedEx, UPS or DHL into Canada?

KarmaToBurn

I'm looking at a new watch (as usual) and the site that sells it only offers FedEx, Ups or DHL as shipping options. This would be coming into Canada from China. Any suggestions on which one would be the best to choose? I'd totally prefer EMS or regular Airmail to avoid duties/brokerage/taxes but those aren't an option. Any input is appreciated.

Piloten

Three faces of Satan for all practical purposes.

I have had some minorly better luck with DHL . . .

In Alberta for what difference that might make

KarmaToBurn
4 minutes ago, Piloten said:

I have had some minorly better luck with DHL . . .

In Alberta for what difference that might make

I know they all suck :cry:

Thanks for the suggestion. 

gwkiw

I've  used both EMS and DHL into Manitoba.  EMS tracking on 17track is sketchy at best.  Once EMS shipment hits BC (takes a few days of wondering where you package is) and Canada post takes over their tracking is great.

Last (2) orders came in through DHL. Had me worried as there are some posts on DHL shipments being confiscated mainly in the US.   The DHL goes in through US hub before it gets to Canada, which had me worried.  But it was here quick, within 2-3 days from China, that's fast.   Their tracking is accurate and up to date.  Only issue with DHL is I had to pay an extra $20 on customs each time which sucked but,  they still got here WAY quicker than EMS ever has.  Their texts are great as you can pay the customs on your phone and re-direct the shipment to their nearest facility if you know you won't be home.   

Been lucky so far with both.....  

McGilli

This isn't related to China -> Canada

But - UPS has raped me financially every time I've ever ordered anything from anywhere else in the world to Canada. Every kind of broker charge, service charge, customs charge etc that can legally be applied - they will do it. Otherwise, sorry I can't be sure from China as I've always done EMS also....

paccbet
15 minutes ago, gwkiw said:

Only issue with DHL is I had to pay an extra $20 on customs each time which sucked but,  they still got here WAY quicker than EMS ever has. 

Lol I got something for $7 shipped via DHL and still had to pay for that $20. 

KarmaToBurn

So I'll skip the UPS option based on McGilli's experience :p 

gwkiw
3 hours ago, paccbet said:

4 hours ago, gwkiw said:

Only issue with DHL is I had to pay an extra $20 on customs each time which sucked but,  they still got here WAY quicker than EMS ever has. 

Lol I got something for $7 shipped via DHL and still had to pay for that $20

That is pretty funny.  Obviously a low value default cash grab. 

gwkiw
8 hours ago, KarmaToBurn said:

Hilarious, that reminds me of a similar  reference that came up in a conversation about high maintenance female pop stars. Mariah Carry. Madonna. B. Spears and Beyonce came up and my buddy referred to them as ''The four hoes of the Apocalypse!'',  we all almost pissed ourselves laughing. 

McGilli
14 minutes ago, gwkiw said:

That is pretty funny.  Obviously a low value default cash grab. 

3 hours ago, KarmaToBurn said:

So I'll skip the UPS option based on McGilli's experience :p 

It's such a cash grab. If you've ever gone and read the scam sites about moving companies that pack up all your possessions when you are moving - then they all of a sudden say you have to pay %50 more and they drive away with all your stuff and hold it hostage - that's what UPS is like to me. They have your item, and they know people are going to pay them to get it even if it's a lot of $. Frustrating.

Piloten

Well?

Did you decide?

KarmaToBurn
8 minutes ago, Piloten said:

Well?

Did you decide?

Yup. Decided it's not worth it and I'm not going to order the watch because of the shipping methods  :p

It was going to be this one...

http://www.legendwatch.cn/segull-st2130-movt-modified-sbdx001-44mm-dimeter_p313.html

15029843083.jpg

If you switch the currency from USD to CAD the watch actually gets about 3 bucks cheaper lol.