RepGuy

Gruppo Ardito NumeroUno Bronze

RepGuy

Just in is a lesser known brand out of Italy called Gruppo Ardito (not to be confused with Gruppo Gamma). These are hand made, extremely limited, and locally produced watches, except for the modified Swiss ETA movement used. This is a larger watch, coming in at 46mm, and having substantial thickness at 16.5mm, while weighing around 185 grams. It features a fixed bezel, case, and buckle machined out of CuSn12 bronze, and a 316L micro-blasted stainless steel case back (and also a small SS roller pin for the buckle). Under the hood is a Swiss made GAW001 reference modified ETA movement. It has the expected specifications elsewhere, with a sapphire crystal, bronze screw down crown, and 1400m of stated water resistance, with the company claiming to test each watch individually to over 2000m.

The watch arrived in a nice wooden box, complete with the warranty information, lug tool, extra leather camo strap, and even a branded hat separately. All of this looks nice, but honestly, they will sit in the closet and gather dust. The green dial goes well with the watch, and the sandwich construction allows for a generous amount of lume. The three piece construction feels ever bit as solid as it looks, and the bezel screws remind me of an AP in a way, although they are visibly different in design. The dial is made out of metal, which gives the look a flat, military green hue.

After a full day of wear, it's extremely comfortable, and wears well for its thickness. Accuracy as so far been spot on, and my overall initial impressions is that this was built to last.

vZdKMl.jpg

xyzxIV.jpg

9gi1UK.jpg

vDO39G.jpg

p7VMCZ.jpg

vSOr0W.jpg

AtSosA.jpg

sRTlzs.jpg

B6kUal.jpg

FFt1vV.jpg

kfEqjy.jpg

hOcXPc.jpg

Thommo82

That's cool

The Italian colours in  the stitching is a nice touch 

TheSav

Looks like a beast. I really like that Matt dial. The Italian flag stitching is a cool too. Surprised no one has done that before. 

Congrats on a nice pick up. 

RepGuy

Thanks, it was a nice touch to go along with the Italian theme of the brand. 

McGilli

In the event of a nuclear bomb going off - only two things will live.

Cockroaches, and apparently that watch. That looks indestructible.

RepGuy
39 minutes ago, McGilli said:

In the event of a nuclear bomb going off - only two things will live.

Cockroaches, and apparently that watch. That looks indestructible.

I've got one other watch that could survive  that too. Maybe it's the right way to take the collection :D

McGilli
42 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

I've got one other watch that could survive  that too. Maybe it's the right way to take the collection :D

The way the world's going - you can't have too many bomb proof watches! I have a few 'monster' Invicta watches (gasp!) but I figure they're good for surviving WWIII or stopping a bullet.